Didn’t put a header on PS or any additional essays - how bad is it :(

Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
edited February 2019 in Law School Admissions 432 karma

I don't know WHY I didn't do this. I assumed it was enough that I was naming my documents and attaching them in the right places, but I don't actually have my name or LSAC # or a title on anything I submitted. Not my addendum, or personal statement, or programmatic contribution. Should I be worried :( Freaking out a little. I was rushing so much I didn't even notice. Should I email the schools with attachments that have the headings? Will this affect me negatively because I didn't follow directions or something? I submitted these applications about a week ago

Sarah

Admin note: edited title. No all caps, please

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Unless the application specified that should be done I wouldn't worry about it.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@10000019 said:
    Unless the application specified that should be done I wouldn't worry about it.

I’m pretty the schools I applied to wrote in the instructions that you should include a header and your lsac# on each doc but I could be wrong. If you get turned down by a school it’s bc of stats/softs/how well written your PS is/how you appeared in comparison to other applicants, not bc you forgot headers or missed a comma somewhere.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

It happens. No one is perfect. Try to see if the instructions require a header. If they do, I suspect that you should probably email them to amend your application. This is just my opinion though, and you should probably try to get on the wednesday office hour and ask David.