Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I Take the March 2019 LSAT?

etellestephanetellestephan Free Trial Member

I have taken only 3 practice tests so far, and am getting low 160's. My goal is to get around 170 on the exam. I only have time to take two practice tests a week and study 2-3 hours a day. Would it be possible for me to up my score in this coming month and a half? I am hesitant to wait until June because I do not want to burnout and want to avoid taking the test when it goes digital.

Any advice is helpful!

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

It's probably unlikely since the jump from 160s to 170s is a big hurdle to make in a month and a half. It takes people months or sometimes even a year to make that jump. Just to give you some context to ground your expectations. That being said, it depends on a lot of factors such as your average section breakdown and BR breakdown per section. For example, if you are missing a lot on LG, it would be relatively easier to make gains in LG than LR/RC in a short amount of time. Again, I'm not suggesting its impossible but just that this type of jump in a short period of time is not very likely.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I was stuck in a similar situation last year where I scored in the early 60s and just wanted to take the test, but I wanted to score 170+. Even though everyone was saying I need to delay it, I just didn't want to believe them. That's when I took my first exam in the 80s and I realized that there have been some changes in the test too. It all depends on which exams you're getting your scores in, how well you're doing when you BR, and if you truly feel confident in yourself to get 170+. That is the main reason why I delayed my test because even though it feels like FOREVER, it is actually worth it.

I have been going over the course for the second time and just trying to understand stuff that I didn't get the first time. It just starts to click and some stuff still hasn't, so I have the time to ask for help from tutors or other students. I think it is so important to just take your time with this exam, foolproof the logic games, work on LR, BR, drill sections, and just feel CONFIDENT about it.

It also depends on your goals. I am very set and stubborn on going to the Top 14, so I knew that I would not just rush this test. You want to give yourself the best chance possible and consider all the other factors, such as GPA too. Someone told me that "if you're very serious on going to the top schools, you would not even be thinking about taking the LSAT until you're scoring consistently in the 170s" At the time, I felt hurt. To be honest, I needed that reality check.