Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7Sage!

AlexAlex Alum Member
edited February 2019 in January 2019 LSAT 23929 karma

I'm at work, so I can't write everything I want to express. But I got my dream score!

I truly don't think it would have been possible without the amazing community and J.Y. for all the love and support along the way.

Trust the process. Do the CC. Fool proof. PT. Blind Review. Repeat as necessary.

Most importantly, keep faith. <3

https://media.giphy.com/media/jIXcTEmU5RCpO/giphy.gif

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Congrats!! 🎉

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

YAAASSSS! So stoked for you, man!! Congratulations!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYt5jPR6QX5pnqM/giphy.gif

• wwwtttttwwwttttt Member
    172 karma

Happy for you!! Congratulations :)

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

That goes to show that persistence pays off. Congrats!!

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    2798 karma

Congrats Alex!!!

• Ule S. GebUle S. Geb Member
    34 karma

Love that scene - congratulations!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

CONGRATS

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

YES! Congrats my man. We always knew you’d destroy the test. Next step is getting accepted to all the amazing schools out there!! So happy for you!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Leah M B" thank you so much for all the support along the way. 🙏🏽

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    YES! Congrats my man. We always knew you’d destroy the test. Next step is getting accepted to all the amazing schools out there!! So happy for you!

Appreciate it, brother. You kept me motivated when I was at my lowest. Couldn’t have done it with out ya!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Thanks for all the love guys. Means the world. 💙

For everyone reading this who didn’t hit their score this time, keep going.
    The hard work really does pay off.

For anyone reading this just starting out: 7Sage is the best LSAT prep company and community. You are in good hands.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@BinghamtonDave said:
    Congrats!! 🎉

Thanks brother! And an even bigger thanks for all your help in the study groups.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Congratulations!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2019 23929 karma

@"Ule S. Geb" said:
    Love that scene - congratulations!

Thanks so much!

That was me in midtown this morning when I opened the email with the score in it lol

This part of my day is called happiness... :)

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Congrats!

• ChelsealawsyouChelsealawsyou Alum Member
    7 karma

How long did you study ?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Chelsealawsyou said:
    How long did you study ?

On and off for about 2.5 years.

• 473 karma

Congrats Alex !! Good luck with everything!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@alexanderthegreat4 said:
    Congrats Alex !! Good luck with everything!!

Thank you, brother! Same goes to you🙏🏾

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

awesome! congratulations.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Way to go, Man! You've been a huge support to this community. :smile:

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

MY MAN !! CONGRATS!! RACHEL ZANE WOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOU RIGHT NOW !

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

Congratulations!! You've contributed so much to this community. Thank you so much for all your help and kindness. Cheers!!!!

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Congrats man!!!! Posts like these are so wonderful to read!! Hope you achieve everything you intend to in your life both personally and professionally!

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Sweet Man! Congrats

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Congrats! Alex!!!! Now onto law school!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" said:
    Congrats! Alex!!!! Now onto law school!

Nessa!! 🙏🏽💙

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@keepcalmandneuron said:
    Congrats man!!!! Posts like these are so wonderful to read!! Hope you achieve everything you intend to in your life both personally and professionally!

I really appreciate that. Sending positive vibes your way!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:
    Way to go, Man! You've been a huge support to this community. :smile:

🙂 ditto! Couldn’t have done it without my good buddies keeping me sane.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Congrats!

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

Congratulations!! Now go conquer law school!!!

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

Awesomeness and Congratulations!!! Onward and upward Sir!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@michael_theodore said:
    Congratulations!! Now go conquer law school!!!

That’s the next step :)

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congrats Alex!!

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Congratulations Alex! I know that you've been grinding away at it for so long. I'm excited to see what's next for you.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@smartaone2 said:
    Awesomeness and Congratulations!!! Onward and upward Sir!

:) thank you

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Adam Hawks" said:
    Congratulations Alex! I know that you've been grinding away at it for so long. I'm excited to see what's next for you.

Adam! Man, I remember the time difference and you still coming to the study groups and helping me through the times when I wanted to give up. Wouldn’t be here without you bro!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"The Noodley" said:
    Congrats Alex!!

💙

• rnwangumarnwanguma Alum Member
    160 karma

Congrats man! The long journey was worth it!

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

As a long time lurker, congrats! Always incredible to hear these success stories :')

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@BlindReviewer said:
    As a long time lurker, congrats! Always incredible to hear these success stories :')

thank you BlindReviewer :) love the name btw!

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@rnwanguma said:
    Congrats man! The long journey was worth it!

thank you 🙏🏽

This might sound like hyperbole but I really think it was the longest and most worthwhile journey of my life.

• AlexAlex Alum Member

@theLSATdreamer said:

Haha I actually used to watch a lot of Suits. I remember there was this scene when Mike was helping Rachel with the LSAT and he said something I thought was profound. Something along the lines of:

“You’re so afraid of getting fooled by a few trick questions that you’re letting it mess you up with all the other ones. If you keep trying to be perfect, you’re going to overthink the whole test.”

The test was undisclosed, so I’ll never know which ones I missed for sure. But I’m willing to bet that most of them were the ones I skipped and missed on my terms. Taking control of the test will do wonders for your confidence and score. I advocate everyone practice the art of choosing 2 or so questions per LR section to miss. On purpose. Keep your confidence, time, and stamina.

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

@Alex said:

@theLSATdreamer said:

Haha I actually used to watch a lot of Suits. I remember there was this scene when Mike was helping Rachel with the LSAT and he said something I thought was profound. Something along the lines of:

“You’re so afraid of getting fooled by a few trick questions that you’re letting it mess you up with all the other ones. If you keep trying to be perfect, you’re going to overthink the whole test.”

The test was undisclosed, so I’ll never know which ones I missed for sure. But I’m willing to bet that most of them were the ones I skipped and missed on my terms. Taking control of the test will do wonders for your confidence and score. I advocate everyone practice the art of choosing 2 or so questions per LR section to miss. On purpose. Keep your confidence, time, and stamina.

THIS! I've seen a marked improvement -- we'll see if that ends up being true for scores, but definitely for confidence/feeling throughout taking PTs. I think there's a kind of curve that dips down and comes back up when it comes to the LSAT, where you come in unable to perceive the logic so you're super confident and just smash through sections. But when you start to understand the logic through the core curriculum, you can better perceive the traps and nuances, and start to become intimidated by the hard questions. That tips you into a cycle of being underconfident on other questions and just feeling overwhelmed by the test and the time pressure.

Taking control is such an important part, and confidence drills really helped with that. When you gain that kind of feeling of being in control, I think you start to climb back out of the dip because now you're equipped with the logic and fundamental skills, but you also have the confidence you had when you originally came into the test blind. I think what's more important for your mentality is not the feeling of getting everything right, but the feeling that you did everything you could with the questions you had. It's that feeling where you can say to the test writers (in your mind) "Hey, I know you put this curvebreaker question at question 9, but I'm not going to let you take away my momentum."

Anyway great quote! We should frame it somewhere in these forums haha

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@BlindReviewer couldn’t agree more with your assessment! Haha Suits is full of great quotes 😂

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Congrats Alex! Off to big things!

• theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma

i remember us having the whole rachel zane talk about a year ago lol, i used to watch a lot of suits too, well you have motivated me to keep going.. i'm going to take the March and June test I want to get my score before the test goes digital

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Congrats man! I've read a lot of your comments. They have helped me a lot and your journey has been truly inspiring.

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    502 karma

Congrats Alex on your success.