Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

📓Looking for the best test prep techniques you guys can offer!📓

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some good "sage" advice as to the best ways to prepare for the september exam. I've resourced the powerscore LG bible, the LSAT trainer by Mike Kim and I've worked my way through the free trial on here. I'm going to register for one of the courses, but I'm not yet sure which one is going to benefit me the best as im torn between the premium and the ultimate.

My question is this, what techniques have you guys used to initially start off that proved to increase your score? AND do you guys recommend just taking a cold PT untimed to see where your at? I keep reading about people timing their first test just to see where they're at but I'm not sure if thats the best route?

Any advice you guys could share would be greatly appreciated as I'm really looking to score relatively high. ( like everyone else LOL) #goals

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Welcome!

I think if you have the money, ultimate is probably the better option (or even ultimate+). Reason being is that with ultimate+ you get access to all the questions ever released by LSAC. I went from starter to ultimate+ so I don't know much about the other courses. I just know that the content provided in the core curriculum is the same (the lessons don't discriminate based on which package you buy) all that changes is how many video explanations you get access to.

AND do you guys recommend just taking a cold PT untimed to see where your at? I keep reading about people timing their first test just to see where they're at but I'm not sure if thats the best route?

I think it depends on your personality. It's always good to know where you're starting off from and good to get an idea of the beast you'll eventually be learning the skills to conquer. I would recommend taking it timed as opposed to untimed because depending on where you are starting off, untimed might be more harmful. To give an example, when I first started out there were a looot of questions I never would've been able to figure out no matter how much time I was given. I know you have some LSAT foundations based on what you've posted, so I would recommend either skipping the diagnostic altogether or taking the june 2007 timed.

As long as your expectations are modest before taking the test, it should be fine. If you think that getting a diagnostic below score x will psychologically hurt you then I wouldn't recommend it.

My question is this, what techniques have you guys used to initially start off that proved to increase your score?

I think taking your time with the core curriculum and really absorbing everything is a good start to increase your score. Try to really solve the questions on your own (using the BR method) and follow your own timeline. You can't cram for the test, and LSAT doesn't fit into a neat schedule unfortunately. When you take your first PT post CC, try not to put too much pressure on it. A lot of people do and are surprised when the knowledge they've learned through CC doesn't immediately get applied to that first PT. In general, just pace yourself. Save your materials as well (so don't use too many fresh PT's as once) in case of retakes or if your timeline gets delayed. That's the general tips I can think of right now. The tips will change depending on where you are in your progress relative to your BR, actual, and goal score. But for now, just try to learn the material and enjoy it! :)

• LawdreaminLawdreamin Member
    62 karma

Thank you! I’m leaning toward purchasing the ultimate and pacing myself out the next few months!