Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Western Colorado University, Gunnison, CO

SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
edited November 2018 in Test Center Reviews 464 karma

Before I took my test at Western CO, I looked for test center reviews and couldn't find one. Hoping this will ease your mind if you're considering testing here.

First, I had a WONDERFUL testing experience at Western CO. I had 5 other people testing with me and I believe there were 2 other students testing with accommodations in another room.

Proctors: We had 1 proctor in the testing room and 1 outside of the room who watched coats/bags/etc that were left outside. The in-room proctor left the room 1 time to switch with the outside proctor I'm assuming to use the bathroom or something. The in-room proctor kept and called time appropriately. He was quiet for the duration of the exam. I also believe they helped a girl re-print her admission ticket. They were SUPER nice.

Facilities: The test was in Kelley Hall. The bathroom was right across from the testing room. During break and before the exam, we were able to walk the long hallway of the building or wait on one of the many couches in the building.

What kind of room: It was in a room with 4 levels of long tables. The chairs were comfortable. A clock and whiteboard were at the front of the room. The temperature of the room was comfortable. I had on a tank top and flannel shirt with yoga pants and boots. I also had a scarf and jacket just in case, but they were unnecessary.

How many in the room: 6 test takers total. There was tons of space and it was very quiet.

Desks: Long tables. There was one other girl sitting at my table ~15 seats away. I had ample room for my 12 pencils...and my tissues, sharpener, etc.

Left-handed accommodation: The long tables are definitely lefty friendly.

Noise levels: Quiet and awesome. The proctor only spoke to deliver time warnings and instructions.

Parking: I walked (~10 min) from my hotel (Holiday Inn Express), but I saw others had parked in the free lot at the entrance of campus. Campus is pretty small...there is parking everyone or you can easily walk from nearby hotels.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: I arrived just before 8 am. They started checking people in just before 8:30. I think we started section 1 around 8:50?

Irregularities or mishaps: None to report. The test administration went off seamlessly!

Other comments: This was a GREAT place to take the test. This was the closest place for me to take it and I'm super glad I chose here vs somewhere bigger. The atmosphere was laid back and everyone was respectful and friendly.

Would you take the test here again? YES! Fingers crossed I won't have to though...

Date of Exam: November 17, 2018

This is the testing center website just FYI: https://www.western.edu/student-affairs/testing-services

Comments

• edited November 2018 41 karma

Thanks for this detailed review! Do you know of anyone who's taken the test closer to the Boulder/Denver area and could provide feedback on these testing centers? Gunnison is a bit far from Boulder.

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

@tat2142 Sorry, I don't. Good luck! I'm sure there are great places up that way- I'm just not familiar with any.

464 karma

Adding to my initial review that I took the test here again in January and I was the only person in my testing room. There was another tester in a different room. Proctor was great again. Western CO is a solid place to take the LSAT plus you can go to Crested Butte after to celebrate :)

• Thanks for the review! I'm in Denver so I won't be testing here but I gotta give a shout out to a fellow Coloradan!

464 karma

Good luck!