Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking The LSAT

J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
in General 137 karma

Hello to all 7Sager's...I am going to start studying for the November 2019 LSAT and just got the book "Breaking The LSAT" by Nathan Fox (which includes Prep Test 62). As soon as I was ready to get rolling I discovered 7Sage and now am very confused as to which direction I should go. I have heard great things about both Nathan Fox and 7Sage, but it seems that 7Sage is a more complete and robust study program, and then there is also J.Y. and Alan. Sp, can someone help me figure this out please? Thank you!

J.B.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited March 2019 1804 karma

As far as my reading of Amazon's product description goes, Breaking the LSAT sounds like a guide with emphasis on a single, recent practice test, not a book that tells you how to approach (a section of) the LSAT. If you are comparing that book to any 7Sage curriculum, I'm inclined to think that almost anyone would vote for the latter, as it would give you a comprehensive approach without "burning" a recent PT.

(I should note that the comparison is quite unfair to begin with. Comparing a book that focuses on a single PT to a comprehensive curriculum is just... uneven.)

You might sign up for 7Sage, Fox, or whatever prep course you prefer. If you seek to self-study, I recommend The LSAT Trainer or the PowerScore Bibles, especially the former. But whatever you do, get rid of that book. Don't "burn" a recent PT.

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

I agree with @FixedDice. Nathan Fox does have an online lsat course but it is pricey. I think your decision should be based on the kind of learner that you are and what you can afford. I also recommend the LSAT Trainer, its a great self study book and can personally say that I improved with it alone. As for 7sage, I think you get more bang for your buck here. Perhaps dig in and do little research to find what it best for you.

• J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
    137 karma

Thanks to you both. I think I was confused as to what exactly Fox's book was all about. I signed up for the 7Sage Ultimate course program and am very excited to get started.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

You made the right choice!

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

To be honest, I think 7sage will be very helpful for you. I was thinking about using all these different resources before, but I thankfully found 7sage. It has all the information for you to absorb, the tests are available, you can create custom question packets, and just track your progress through analytics. I feel like with 7sage, I feel more prepared knowing I have all the resources, but now it is ultimately up to me to absorb and learn from it. I would also suggest that you don't mix your resources. Take a diagnostic test, get through 7sage first, take another practice test to see improvements, and then start drilling weaker sections!

• J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
    137 karma

Fantastic advice. Interesting that you mention not mixing resources, because I was on the verge of doing just that. I am going to stick to 7Sage and work through the program (and shelve the Fox book). But a few questions; will I learn how to make custom question packets a little later on? Do I learn to use analytics on my own or are there modules that help? I am so worried that I will not understand how to use 100% of the resources offered, but then again, this is only day one! Thanks for your responses.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Thank you! I think you should take a diagnostic test right now (June 2006/2007 is what 7sage recommends I think), put in those results and get through the course first. Then, you will be able to add more tests to your analytics and you will see where you are weaker. Don't worry, they do have more videos to show you how to use their resources to make sure you are getting the most out of 7sage. You can always post your questions here and people will usually let you know what the best way to go about is!