Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to study for digital lsat?

errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
in General 132 karma

Hey everyone,

As you all may know, the LSAT is going digital. I was wondering if that would affect the way I should approach the LSAT? Ex. should I still print out the questions , etc.

thank you!

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I am just trying to keep studying with the paper and not worry too much about the digital test for now. Try to go on LSAC and look at the example they provide. To be honest, I think the digital may actually be easier because we will get to flag and move back and forth. We also get a packet for scratch paper to use throughout the test, so it should be fine. My only issue is that I sometimes like writing stuff down for reading comp, but I think I should be fine. I hope that's helpful!

• DByrne07DByrne07 Core Member
    279 karma

The digital also provides the time on the tablet, right? That makes it immsensely easier!

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

Does anyone know if 7sage will offer a way to take a full practice test on digital? Or anyone that does? I would like to take at least a few full tests to get a feel for it just in case. I am taking the July one where we do not know if it is paper or digital.

• itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
    272 karma

@zacharytsmith26 said:
    Does anyone know if 7sage will offer a way to take a full practice test on digital? Or anyone that does? I would like to take at least a few full tests to get a feel for it just in case. I am taking the July one where we do not know if it is paper or digital.

I'm wondering about this too! LSAC said they should be coming out with a platform for digital practice tests soon-ish so hopefully 7Sage will give us access to that or incorporate it into the curriculum somehow.

821 karma

I really want to say that KhanAcademy does. I may be wrong, but I think they have something similar which is online. LSAC has the trial uploaded if you want to practice a bit on that, but it's not like a full practice yet I think. You should look into that, but I don't think it will be that different. We will still get a packet for scratch paper and it honestly should save time from bubbling and keeping track of that. The built in timer will be AMAZING too! I'm really hoping for the digital test in July, but I'm a bit worried for the RC.

@itsemmarobyn said:

@zacharytsmith26 said:

I'm wondering about this too! LSAC said they should be coming out with a platform for digital practice tests soon-ish so hopefully 7Sage will give us access to that or incorporate it into the curriculum somehow.

@zacharytsmith26 said:

• paul.sellaripaul.sellari Alum Member
    61 karma

for me, more importantly, does that mean your essay will no-longer be hand-written? you have to type it? that is a game changer right there. I've literally been practicing cursive and my hand writing for the test lol.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

Khan Academy does have full PTs. They don't tell you what number they are, which can make planning tricky. The UX is also definitely different on Khan Academy than it is on the example/tutorial provided by LSAC. Because Khan Academy is free, though, I think that it's a great tool to use.

What I've been doing on 7sage is not printing the pages, but just using my computer screen and scratch paper, so I'm forced to look back and forth like I will be on test day.

@paul.sellari Beginning in June, the writing section will be a typed take-at-home experience. https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-writing-faqs

821 karma

Hahaha! Now you can use the cursive for something else...idk writing cards? Probably like your signature haha... but yeah, the essay will typed. You can just go and type it after the test and it's open for up to a year after you take the test. It will still be proctored though, but at home. I'm not sure how that's going to be. I guess before I took the writing portion as "easy" thinking no one is really going to sit down and read messy writing for hours. With the typed essays, they may actually put more weight on it. :neutral: Let's see.

@"paul.sellari" said:
    for me, more importantly, does that mean your essay will no-longer be hand-written? you have to type it? that is a game changer right there. I've literally been practicing cursive and my hand writing for the test lol.

61 karma

@Princess said:
    Hahaha! Now you can use the cursive for something else...idk writing cards? Probably like your signature haha... but yeah, the essay will typed. You can just go and type it after the test and it's open for up to a year after you take the test. It will still be proctored though, but at home. I'm not sure how that's going to be. I guess before I took the writing portion as "easy" thinking no one is really going to sit down and read messy writing for hours. With the typed essays, they may actually put more weight on it. :neutral: Let's see.

>
    Haha it is still not good enough for cards, so I will save myself the embarassment. I think it makes a lot more sence for us to type it. Ever since my first paper, I have been trained to type it out.

I think I'm going to take the Sept. 2019 LSAT, so is it a good idea to stop studying for the essay? Since I am pretty confident about my writing abilites, or in this case, my typing ablilites.

Paul

821 karma

Definitely! Don't even worry about the essay and just try your best to improve on LR/LG/RC. Foolproof the games, do timed sections of LR and RC, Blind review effectively, and then also take timed sections. The essay can be put off for now.

@"paul.sellari" said:

@Princess said:

>
    Haha it is still not good enough for cards, so I will save myself the embarassment. I think it makes a lot more sence for us to type it. Ever since my first paper, I have been trained to type it out.

I think I'm going to take the Sept. 2019 LSAT, so is it a good idea to stop studying for the essay? Since I am pretty confident about my writing abilites, or in this case, my typing ablilites.

Paul

61 karma

@Princess said:
    Definitely! Don't even worry about the essay and just try your best to improve on LR/LG/RC. Foolproof the games, do timed sections of LR and RC, Blind review effectively, and then also take timed sections. The essay can be put off for now.

Thank you for your time, Princess!