Help - package to purchase

katiewallace0918katiewallace0918 Free Trial Member
in General 23 karma

Last year I started studying for the LSAT while working full time, dealing with a loss, being a wife and a mother. It has been nine years since I graduated. I started studying in August and took the November 2018 test and scored148. I used the Powercore bibles and probably studied 15 hours a week. I purchased the LSAT Trainer and retook the test in January and scored a 150. I am wanting to get my score in the 160s. The median LSAT for the school I will be applying to is 157. Can someone make a recommendation on which package to purchase with 7Sage? I’m looking at taking the September test and probably will average between 10-15 hours a week give or take for studying. My biggest struggle is LR. Logic games is my strongest section.

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

FWIW:

I started at one of the "middle" levels of 7Sage. The actual instruction (CC - Core Curriculum) is the same across all levels. Its a program of lessons and videos, very top notch (imho). What each additional upgrade in level gets you is access to more PTs and practice sets. Everyone is different, but what I found invaluable was the question by question, section by section review / analysis available in the PTs. After totaling up my entire contribution to 7Sage (original package plus additional PTs), I would have come out cheaper by starting with the highest level (Ultimate plus) because of all of the additional PTs I eventually purchased to gain access to the question / answer analysis.

Everyone's means are different. However, if you look at this course as an investment in your future acceptances and scholarship potential (gained by higher LSAT scores), I believe a student with time to study should purchase the highest level they can.

Good luck.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I agree with everything said above. When I first started, all I could afford was the Starter package, and it helped immensely. It's really a matter of what you can afford and how much time you're planning on putting into studying.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

What was your score breakdown? (for example -1RC -5LG -2LR -3LR)

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Also, anticipating that you'll have 200ish hours of study time before September, it's important to keep in mind that for the Ultimate+ version, the CC alone is 215 hours. I also think that you'll probably need to sink at least 50 hours into LG outside of what's in the CC. So I doubt that Ultimate + makes sense in your case. You should probably start with the starter pack and then once you finish all the content you have access to, buy the next version.