Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paid personal statement review from OTHER company question

ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
in General 177 karma

Before I found the amazing 7Sage community I was attempting to study on my own and used a study schedule from LawSchooli. Studying on my own was a disaster but that's another story.
I bought one of their personal statement edits at about $140 in December and I STILL haven't heard from them. I emailed them a week after I bought it and they told me to sent my draft in again, which I did, and I still haven't heard from them. I have emailed them twice since then and still no response. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do at this point? This experience definitely just makes me more happy to have found 7Sage...

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If there's a way to leave a review/comment/something that could be a warning for others considering the service, I would do that. Other than emailing them, I don't think there's really anything you can do besides cut your losses and be done with them. Honestly, if they're that unprofessional, I'm not sure how great their advice in general would be

• Chika.onyejiukwaChika.onyejiukwa Alum Member
    35 karma

If you paid with credit card you can open a claim with your bank if there’s no window period. Credit cards cover security for such instances

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

what @"Chika.onyejiukwa" said. I would dispute the charge with the bank. Keep copies of any correspondence with them just incase you need it for your case. The bank should get you your money back. Good luck!

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

Did you sign a contract as well?

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think @"Chika.onyejiukwa"'s comment is the best. I'd double check any of the information given when you signed up - does it say they'll have it back to you in any amount of time? It would help your case if so. Either way, I think I'd go straight to my credit card company and tell them what happened and see if they will cover it with their fraud protection agreement.

When I was first starting out with LSAT stuff, I also purchased a study plan from them. Thought about signing up for their Mastermind thing. But sooo glad I didn't once I found 7sage. I thought the schedule was ok, but honestly you can find similar info for free on LSL/TLS/7sage boards.

They also continued selling watches that were banned under LSAC's chronograph policy for months after the ban went into place. I found that to be negligent at best, and leaning toward fraudulent. (They've since started selling a watch that is compliant, but that really really pissed me off.)

• UnicornFartsUnicornFarts Alum Member
    222 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I think @"Chika.onyejiukwa"'s comment is the best. I'd double check any of the information given when you signed up - does it say they'll have it back to you in any amount of time? It would help your case if so. Either way, I think I'd go straight to my credit card company and tell them what happened and see if they will cover it with their fraud protection agreement.

When I was first starting out with LSAT stuff, I also purchased a study plan from them. Thought about signing up for their Mastermind thing. But sooo glad I didn't once I found 7sage. I thought the schedule was ok, but honestly you can find similar info for free on LSL/TLS/7sage boards.

They also continued selling watches that were banned under LSAC's chronograph policy for months after the ban went into place. I found that to be negligent at best, and leaning toward fraudulent. (They've since started selling a watch that is compliant, but that really really pissed me off.)

Exactly what Leah said. 7Sage is soooo much more professional than them. Almost purchased a study plan with them before as well. Also, I have loved my experience with the 7Sage editors so far. I'm in at 5 of the 10 schools (including my dream school, WL at a few reach schools, but they are the top ones, so eh, I probably wouldn't get in anyway) I applied to and I think a big part of it is due to the PS I submitted. Would def recommend 7Sage admission services.

• ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
    177 karma

Thanks everyone for your help!! I’m contacting my credit card tomorrow and luckily have saved all emails with them. If anything this just makes me SO happy I’ve found 7Sage. I’ll definitely look into writing a review for them any and every where to warn others.