Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of an in-person weekend LSAT prep course in DFW

taycsmittaycsmit Free Trial Member
in General 14 karma
So far my only option is Princeton Review (as far as in person and weekend goes). I have heard mixed things about them which leads me to be hesitant. PowerScore offers a two day (one weekend) course in person but I can't imagine that having any decent effect.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I work full time and learn best with an in person environment, so naturally this is my preference.

My test date is June 2015.

Any input is appreciated. Is Princeton really THAT bad?

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3438 karma
    Yes Princeton is THAT bad... secondly, your requirements are a little unique so that cut down your options. However, if you're not a 7sager and really want something live, then take the Powerscore one... I'd recommend studying from 7sage online because I think its methods are better... but Powerscore has been around for a while... else you could consider hiring a tutor for the weekends.
  • taycsmittaycsmit Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    Thanks for the input. I agree Power Score is good, but can a two day one weekend course really make a difference? I don't even think there is any ptests included anywhere in there.
    The weekend course is premised on you doing self study... if you can do the spadework, the weekend course can make a difference... I have never done it, but there are people who say it helped their preparation and score... In your situation though... an online course with a tutor from the same company might not be a bad idea. PTs you will have to take yourself :/
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Hey, hey, hey. Careful how you throw around the word "Princeton." Princeton proper is the best damn place of all.
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    How long have you been studying for the LSAT? Are you enrolled in 7Sage orany course at the moment?

Also, I know having someone in person is usually the best, but 7Sage is really great. It's as if J.Y. is right there teaching you on a white board. I was told the same exact thing by my Major's guidance counselor that online courses are not optimal, but they are just ignorant and unaware of great prep-courses on the internet. 7Sage is great, and I've heard great things about blueprint too. We also have very caring/engaging community. This is assuming you are not enrolled in a course. Also, you seem to be constrained with time, making this a perfect prep-course. I will say this, I hope you are sure about the June LSAT, because if you have not started studying yet, I'd wait till after June.
    3438 karma
  • taycsmittaycsmit Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    @mpits001 I've been studying moderately for about 4 months using PS Bibles a friend gave me, and misc free prep material online, credible online material, including 7sage, however I do not think an online course will prove anymore effective without some personal intervention
    7965 karma
    @taycsmit for the cost and the proven results, 7sage is your best bet. There are many top-scorers in this community who have seen improvements of 20+ points due to 7sage's materials and methods. Why overpay by many hundreds—if not thousands—of dollars only to get a mediocre result? Get 7sage and then a few hours with a reasonably-priced local tutor, if you really require the in-person experience.
    3438 karma
    ^^^ Yeah I would advocate EXACTLY this
  • mpits001mpits001 Alum Member
    938 karma
    @taycsmit to each their own, however, in my opinion that's more of a mentality thing, more so than anything else. If you head into any online course with that assumption, it will be very hard to absorb the info. Good luck with all your studies, and hopefully you find what works for you!
    7965 karma
    @"Nilesh S" I'm so flattered. I'll even forgive you for your previous offenses against Old Nass.
    Haha thank you @nicole.hopkins - and apologies for not being clearer... nobody in their right mind would knock on Princeton in any way, shape or form - unless it had a Review attached at the end. ;)
    7965 karma
    Well, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ... or just the most obnoxious manifestation of brand envy ...
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Go Tigers!!!!!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    I want to go to Princeton Law
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    @alejoroarios Princeton does not have a law school.
    7965 karma
    Pton is too cool for law (and business, medicine, social work ... any professional programs aside from little bitty archicture, engineering and public policy) school.
    @nicole.hopkins in this case I'm sure its the former rather than the latter :D and yes it is too cool for law school... thought they do have a very strong fellowship in Law and Public Affairs where people come after they've established themselves... I would love to some day be a LAPA fellow!!!
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    ;P
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    7Sage is great! I also wanted an in-person course before I got 7Sage. I honestly do not like watching video because I have a short attention span so I knew in-person would be my best option. But after hearing my friends talk about this course I decided to give it a try. After watching the free trial videos I still was not a fan of 7Sage because I found it a bit hard to concentrate but after 2 a couple of weeks I started to enjoy 7Sage and realized how effective this course has been. Also, I've heard many of my friends that have paid over 1k for an in-person score and it's horrible because they don't even get to cover the basics. It's hard for them and a lot of them have not received high scores. They're actually re-taking in June using 7Sage. Also, with 7Sage if you do not understand a video you can always re-watch it numerous times until you fully understand the lesson.. in-person you won't have that option.