Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it ok to br rc right after pt?

edited April 2019 in Reading Comprehension 615 karma

Is it ok to br rc right after pt?
I read that I should br within 24hrs, but it seems I'd remember stuff much more if I br right away.
What's better? br right after or do it after two days? It takes me whole day to br lr and lg, and by the end of it I get really tired. So it's either I br rc right after pt or do it two days after...

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I used to rush and try to BR right away, but I think it is honestly better to take a break. I try to give myself at least a few hours, but the next day is better. This way I feel like I'm not stuck in the same thought process and can actually have my full energy to try to eliminate the other 4 answers, while trying to arrive to the right one. I would suggest BR-ing the next day because technically, you don't need to remember the stuff. You can take 30+ minutes on a single question if you want, take breaks, do whatever you want as you BR, but the point is to take your time on the question to figure out why the 4 are wrong and why 1 is correct.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

It’s “ok” as long as it works for you to do it that way.

I would almost always BR my PTs after an hour or two break for lunch. I would recommend taking at least a break just because you want your mind to be rested and fresh so you can concentrate and learn!

• 615 karma

@Princess @Alex Thank you:) I think I'm wasting some time doing the whole thing. Maybe I should just review the ones I circled after all:/

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

For me, I usually take a break after finishing and later in the evening BR the LG section. I have a decent short term memory when it comes to questions, and I found it influenced my thinking a bit too much when it came to LR and RC. But with LG, there is no analysis to be made so I do that the same day.

With LR and RC I wait 24 hours so that my mind is a bit removed from taking the exam and sees the question in a fresh way.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

I take a PT on Friday or Saturday (my days off) and then BR one section a day for the next three mornings before work (saving the first LR section to review with a group on here). The games section takes the longest, since I always do them from scratch again, then watch the videos, then place the troubling ones into my giant foolproof binder. I think it's overwhelming to do it all in the same day.

• 615 karma

@akeegs92 hmm... that was exactly what I was doing, only I couldn't really focus while BRing RC after 6 hours of LR... maybe I should try doing it on day3 after all...

@2ndTimestheCharm Do you foolproof LR too? how??

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

In my experience waiting a little bit to let your mind rest is okay, that way your short term memory doesn't color your BR too much. I typically take a PT on a Monday morning and that is all my LSAT for the day, then I BR one section a day for the next four days, finishing on Friday. Then I use the weekend to watch videos for all of the LG and RC, as well as and LR that I missed or just made me really have to think. Rinse and repeat!

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

@HaloHalo said:
    @akeegs92 hmm... that was exactly what I was doing, only I couldn't really focus while BRing RC after 6 hours of LR... maybe I should try doing it on day3 after all...

If you feel like you will be able to put your best foot forward, then do it! I have trouble myself sometimes BR'ing and just being tired and getting to casual with my analysis, and therefore not giving it my best. I don't know how long you have been doing PT's, but if it hasn't been long it may be a stamina issue for you. Plus, in theory, as you get better at the test the less you will circle and have to BR making it shorter. Keep digging!!!

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

@HaloHalo said:

@2ndTimestheCharm Do you foolproof LR too? how??

No, that's not what I meant. Although, I do have a separate binder for LR questions that I cut out because they show a pattern of weakness, and I put those in the same kind of plastic sleeve that I use for the Games.