Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First PT after CC- Where should I go from here??

ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
in General 177 karma

I took the first PT after finishing the CC and while my timed score hasn't changed that much my BR score has sky-rocketed.

Timed: 161 (diagnostic 159)
BR: 170 (diagnostic 164, thanks 7Sage!)

Honestly, this PT felt very disorganized and I felt extremely clumsy through the whole thing. I just felt awkward and not smooth since I haven't taken PT's in over 4 months (this is my second time taking the LSAT). So I was extremely happy with my score of 161 and even more happy/surprised with my BR of 170.
I was wondering where I should go from here? I watched the post CC webinar and was wondering if I should continue to drill, etc. with phase 1 for awhile just to see where my BR score goes and to feel more comfortable or if I should move onto phase 2 with trying to get my timed score to match my BR score? Any tips would be appreciated!

I should note that I honestly don't really have a target score at this point. I would love the very least a 166/167 because I never thought it'd be possible for be to get a 170 but that might change now!

Thanks!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27820 karma

Hey, congrats on such great improvement! PTing is a little awkward coming out of the curriculum because it involves so many testing skills which are independent of the core concepts, so hopefully you’ll see a bump to your timed score as you settle in.

As far as where to go, I’d say stick fairly close to phase 1 for a couple weeks maybe just to see if you can’t push that even further. The phases aren’t so strict that you can’t work both angles though, and I don’t think it’s too soon to begin thinking about testing strategies.

The main thing is to learn as much as you can from each PT. Assuming those numbers are representative, that means you’re kinda somewhere in between phases 1 and 2. So work a little from both. That means a lot of work to respond to each PT, but the more work to do the more improvement. So be patient, work hard, and you’ll start inching upwards!

• ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
    177 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Hey, congrats on such great improvement! PTing is a little awkward coming out of the curriculum because it involves so many testing skills which are independent of the core concepts, so hopefully you’ll see a bump to your timed score as you settle in.

As far as where to go, I’d say stick fairly close to phase 1 for a couple weeks maybe just to see if you can’t push that even further. The phases aren’t so strict that you can’t work both angles though, and I don’t think it’s too soon to begin thinking about testing strategies.

The main thing is to learn as much as you can from each PT. Assuming those numbers are representative, that means you’re kinda somewhere in between phases 1 and 2. So work a little from both. That means a lot of work to respond to each PT, but the more work to do the more improvement. So be patient, work hard, and you’ll start inching upwards!

Thanks for the advice!! Definitely going to stick to phase 1 for the next 3 weeks or so but try to keep in mind testing strategies as I go along as well. It's intimidating coming out of the curriculum at first but I'm so happy to have found 7Sage!

• Tori SheberTori Sheber Member
    77 karma

Hi there! I am in the same boat. I was wondering if you could post a link to the post CC webinar? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

• Gee-dawgGee-dawg Member
    319 karma

Everyone seems to be mentioning phase 1 and 2. Can anyone tell me what they are? I either missed the explanation or haven't gone that far with CC yet. Thanks.

• ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
    177 karma

@Gee-dawg The phases 1 and 2 are discussed in the post core curriculum that's posted from @BlindReviewer above! If you're still in the CC I wouldn't worry about it yet.

• Gee-dawgGee-dawg Member
    319 karma

@ChelseaT that makes so much more sense, thanks so much.