Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT PT Order

dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
edited November 2020 in General 147 karma

test

Comments

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

When do you plan on taking the exam? If you don’t plan on taking until you are ready then I would honestly start from 40 and just keep pushing. If you plan on sitting in June/July with 1 test a week then you probably should prioritize some...

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I would do them starting from the 40's like JKJohnson said and do odds or evens until you get to to the end.

If you need to write the test again, do the other half.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I’d go in order. The test changes a bit over time and it’s helpful not to skip around so the changes don’t seem as extreme.

Where to start depends on when you’re planning on taking the test.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Wow, this is all great advise! Just thought I'd chime in here and ask for advise, I'm planning to take the test in July, so do you think 60s to now, with two tests each week sounds like a good plan for 170+? I just took 60 and scored a 162 with a BR of 173. @Alex @"Michael.Cinco" @jkjohnson1991

2116 karma

@princess I think 2-3 with a good BR is a good pace. I do suggest you hit one of the 80's in May though. The LR gets a bit more difficult in the 'modern' lsats and I don't want you to get shocked in the final weeks of your prep by a seemingly more difficult test.

That's why I advocate an odds or evens approach. There is really no sense in doing things chronologically other than it's easier to do it that way.

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

You're completely right! I'll probably start doing evens then. Do you have tips for LR because I feel like I'll miss like 10 sometimes, but when I BR... I will get like -3/4? LR is already so frusterating in the 60s, 80s will be a nightmare then!

@"Michael.Cinco" said:
    @princess I think 2-3 with a good BR is a good pace. I do suggest you hit one of the 80's in May though. The LR gets a bit more difficult in the 'modern' lsats and I don't want you to get shocked in the final weeks of your prep by a seemingly more difficult test.

That's why I advocate an odds or evens approach. There is really no sense in doing things chronologically other than it's easier to do it that way.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Princess said:
    Wow, this is all great advise! Just thought I'd chime in here and ask for advise, I'm planning to take the test in July, so do you think 60s to now, with two tests each week sounds like a good plan for 170+? I just took 60 and scored a 162 with a BR of 173. @Alex @"Michael.Cinco" @jkjohnson1991

Congrats on the wonderful score!

Yes, I do. That’s exactly what my schedule looked like. Although, I found it helpful to break down one test each week so I was getting a little practice each day. I found that only doing PTs meant I would get rusty in-between takes. So I would do a PT on Saturday morning and BR after. Then each day during the week, I’d do a section from another test and review right after.

• dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2020 147 karma

test

2116 karma

@Princess I was constantly getting -3, -4 on LR then I started BR'ing with others and through talking out my thinking process and comparing to how others tackle questions I was able to iron out deficiencies. I now pull off -0- -2 on LR and it's one of my strengths.

Go out there and BR with folks. The June writers have sessions on Thursday and Sunday (they are doing LR Section 2 of PT 77 tomorrow night)

I am hosting a complete review of PT 41 on Sunday if you are interested.

• 1025 karma

I'd like to echo the odds or even approach. Skipping every other one gives similar knowledge of the progressive LSAT changes as taking them in order would. The real plus side to this is when you want to retake. If you consume all the newer PTs, then you are stuck practicing on the older ones for the retake. If you don't use a fair amount of newer ones, then the test day LSAT will have some changes in question types you might not be fully aware of. Odds or evens balances these two dilemmas.

• dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2020 147 karma

test

• 246 karma

@bsonnenb said:
    Hello. In what order should I do PTs? Thanks

Start in the 50s and work your way up. You want to be taking the most recent tests towards the end of your studying. Put extra emphasis on trying to master the last few the best you can because these are ultimately the most relevant.