Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOW Diagnostic-Chances? HELP

EmelyM93EmelyM93 Member
in General 75 karma

Hey guys so I just took a Diagnostic (PT30) at a proctoring site and it was under real timed conditions and scored a 145 after taking 2 years off from the lsat. So brief history I took a FALL (Sep- Dec) blueprint course in NYC but at that time it was not suited for me. it was just too comical and very fast paced for me! But I decided to sit in on the Feb Lsat and I jokingly took it because I was naive and just wanted to get it over and done with and scored a 154 but again I didn't really study outside of the course. I would never blame Blueprint though for my low score- that was 10000% on my laziness.

Fast Forward to now, I plan on sitting in on either October 28th-December ( one of those dates). I have just began the CC at 7sage and feel great about the community and just overall understanding the fundamentals of it all seem so simple.Im actually looking forward to studying. Currently Im studying anywhere from 20-25 hours a week, taking weekly/ to bi-weekly PT's at the free proctoring sites and then doing the Blind Review, and just reviewing on my phone concepts from the 7sage app or Quizlet.

My top choices are {Boston U, Fordham, BC, Cornell- reaching, Georgetown} so I am aiming for 167-170s. I have a 3.6 GPA at UG, and 3.9 in Grad School (MA Program).
I know 20+ point jumps are like unheard of and mostly everyone says its impossible but given I have over 6 months of studying and when I say I'm treating it like my job- I AM! Strength is LG and RC with the blind review I average at -3/4 and weakness is LR & !

Is this realistic timing for my goal score? Any recommendation/ study tips.

I am using 7sage then reviewing the Trainer but since I started with 7sage, I want to learn the basics and use the trainer for any further clearing in LR. I have the Bibles as well although, LR really confused me which is what prompted me to 7sage. I am saving later PT's for after the CC course and doing drills with PT 20-40s. Also been using khan Academy articles and videos for RC. Do you think its possible timing wise? Anything else I should be doing.

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I think the Powerscore LR chapter on Parallel Reasoning is worth reading but the LSAT Trainer and Manhattan LR books are significantly better for overall LR prep in my opinion.

The LG bible for Powerscore is worth going through as well if you haven't already but most of your gains will come from fool-proofing practice tests and watching the 7Sage LG explanation videos. It looks like your LG is pretty decent already anyway but a few more months of fool-proofing will probably get you close to -0.

Haven't found a great RC book tbh but ManhattanPrep RC is decent if you can find it in a library to skim. It will give you a good idea of how to avoid incorrect answers which I found valuable.

I think it's great that you scoped yourself for 6+ months of study since it'll give you ample time to learn basics and take PTs. Also seen plenty of 20+ point jumps around 7Sage so definitely doable.