Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Questions: Deleting Notes & Core Curriculum

LindseyDCLindseyDC Core Member
in General 190 karma

Hey Everyone!

Two questions:

1.) Is there a way to erase all of my notes without going in to each one and deleting them? I am wanting to start from scratch.

2.) Have you ever just restarted the core curriculum from scratch? I am 24% into it, the furthest I have gotten to date. I've also restarted it 2 times. I am terrified of going to the practice exams without FULLY completely understanding the core curriculum. I've also been back and forth on whether to take the LSAT, but I keep coming back to it because I think I ultimately want to do it but just get scared.

All advice is welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!
Lindsey

Comments

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Hi Lindsey - I'm not sure of the answer to your first question. I would suggest contacting student services, maybe they can delete them all for you.

As to your second question - you are 100% about not taking PTs unless you fully understand the CC. I highly encourage you to finish the CC and then start taking PTs. It would be a waste of a PT if you start before you finish.

Re taking the LSAT: You write that you are not sure whether you should take it but ultimately go back to it. I suspect that this is the reason why you don't finish the CC and have had to restart twice. First, why do you want to be a lawyer? Is it a long time dream, is it because it sounds cools, is it because it would impress others? What is the reason for going to law school? I ask because the LSAT is a huge commitment for the majority of people. Yeah, there are those that can whip out a 170 in a few months but I do believe that the majority of us need to spend a significant amount of time studying and dedicating themselves to the test. I think because you are not dedicated to the test you don't finish the CC and have had to restart.

Second: what about the LSAT is scaring you? Is it the length of time to study for the CC? Is it the length of the CC? Is it the law school cost? I think knowing these answers will help us to guide you better in your decision making.

I strongly encourage you to figure out why you want to go to law school and what you want to get out of it. Once you commit yourself to the LSAT then committing to the CC is the next step.

• LindseyDCLindseyDC Core Member
    190 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hi Lindsey - I'm not sure of the answer to your first question. I would suggest contacting student services, maybe they can delete them all for you.

As to your second question - you are 100% about not taking PTs unless you fully understand the CC. I highly encourage you to finish the CC and then start taking PTs. It would be a waste of a PT if you start before you finish.

Re taking the LSAT: You write that you are not sure whether you should take it but ultimately go back to it. I suspect that this is the reason why you don't finish the CC and have had to restart twice. First, why do you want to be a lawyer? Is it a long time dream, is it because it sounds cools, is it because it would impress others? What is the reason for going to law school? I ask because the LSAT is a huge commitment for the majority of people. Yeah, there are those that can whip out a 170 in a few months but I do believe that the majority of us need to spend a significant amount of time studying and dedicating themselves to the test. I think because you are not dedicated to the test you don't finish the CC and have had to restart.

Second: what about the LSAT is scaring you? Is it the length of time to study for the CC? Is it the length of the CC? Is it the law school cost? I think knowing these answers will help us to guide you better in your decision making.

I strongly encourage you to figure out why you want to go to law school and what you want to get out of it. Once you commit yourself to the LSAT then committing to the CC is the next step.

Thank you for this! It’s very helpful. I think you are right. I am stuck in a job that I like, but cannot imagine retiring in. From what I’ve studied in undergrad (international studies), the lsat seems like the next logical step. I’ve gone back and forth considering going to law school since 2007, then actively bought 7Sage almost two years ago. I like the idea of law school and being an attorney. I’ve talked about venturing into space law or immigration law. I left a masters program half way through after realizing it was not for me (masters in international relations and diplomacy), so the fear is from realizing this is the last shot for going back to graduate school. I also have a full time job, so I will study great for a week, and then lay off if work is too much. So I’m looking for that balance. Thanks for your advice. Just reading what you wrote already brought some insights that I needed to hear.

Lindsey

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@LindseyDC said:

@LCMama2017 said:

Thank you for this! It’s very helpful. I think you are right. I am stuck in a job that I like, but cannot imagine retiring in. From what I’ve studied in undergrad (international studies), the lsat seems like the next logical step. I’ve gone back and forth considering going to law school since 2007, then actively bought 7Sage almost two years ago. I like the idea of law school and being an attorney. I’ve talked about venturing into space law or immigration law. I left a masters program half way through after realizing it was not for me (masters in international relations and diplomacy), so the fear is from realizing this is the last shot for going back to graduate school. I also have a full time job, so I will study great for a week, and then lay off if work is too much. So I’m looking for that balance. Thanks for your advice. Just reading what you wrote already brought some insights that I needed to hear.

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey - no problem. I hope you find the right road for you. Just reading what you said it doesn't seem to me like law is really what you want (forgive me for being so blunt, just going by what you wrote). It seems to me like at this point you are looking for that next "something" but you are not quite sure what it is and, from my viewpoint, it is not law. I think if you really wanted to study law it wouldn't be a "next logical step". Also, I'm sure you have thought about this but why would law be your last shot at going back to school? The masters program you were in did not work out for you - so good for you for figuring that out and not finishing it. But there are other areas of study you can pursue that doesn't have to be IR or law. I hope you find your passion and go full throttle when you realize what that is. Good luck!