Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1L Summer Prep Course

Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
in Off-topic 448 karma

Anybody have thoughts or opinions on taking a 1L Summer Prep Course before matriculation? Just curious if it is worth the time and money, or if it's best to enjoy the last law-free Summer. Thanks!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Opinions definitely vary, but the majority of students and schools really advise you to not worry about it and just take some time to have fun, relax, and get things in order for school to start. I have heard the book “Getting to Maybe” is good for learning to take law school exams, but also that it makes more sense once you begin school. So I plan on maybe skimming that and then re-reading as necessary once school begins.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Besides that, I’m trying to see what is the best vacation I can take for the least amount of money 😂. And then trying to get my finances in order and prepare for my move.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

The Law School Toolbox podcast is free and they have a ton of advice in addition to paid courses.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Take time off - seriously. Law school is going to consume your entire life starting in the fall, leave it until then. There’s nothing you’re going to do this summer that will significantly impact 1L, so just rest.

1L is no joke and you need to come in refreshed lol

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I think I'm just going to work on my typing speed before 1L