Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study group in downtown NYC at evenings

mrbuttonsmrbuttons Alum Member
in Study Groups 179 karma

Looking for anyone who is interested in forming a study group in downtown NYC during the evening time on weekdays. Let me know if your interested.

Comments

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

I'll pm you!

• bmrosen1bmrosen1 Free Trial Member
    4 karma

Interested!

• LizibethBennetLizibethBennet Alum Member
    44 karma

I'll be moving to NYC in the evenings would be intresinte then!

• EmelyM93EmelyM93 Member
    75 karma

i am available Wednesdays & Fridays in the evenings if anyone wants to meet up ?

• mrbuttonsmrbuttons Alum Member
    179 karma

Hey @EmelyM93 @"liza.bennett" @bmrosen1 @skhan012018 I work around the downtown financial center area. My hours are 9-5. I am pretty flexible with the areas we can meet and the days Mon-Fri. A good place could be Brookfield. It is a nice big open public place. Let me know of any other suggestions. Thanks!!

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

I’m able to meet after 5!

179 karma

Hey @"Did I Stutter" what days are you available

384 karma

@mrbuttons said:
    Hey @"Did I Stutter" what days are you available

Usually any day. I work 9-5.

179 karma

@"Did I Stutter" My work place is 250 Vesey st. Are you near the area?

384 karma

I’m in the Bronx so It’d take me about 45 min to get to that area

179 karma

@"Did I Stutter" Okay if its okay with you we can meet at a library or at brooklfield place. The library is a bit tough since last time I meet with someone to study we were told to keep it quiet (understandable of couse). I am fully able to meet today tomorrow whenever youre available. Hopefully others will want to join as well.

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

Hey 7Sagers in NYC,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I just wanted to let you guys know about this opportunity:
    https://7sage.com/personal-statement-workshop-in-nyc/

7Sage Admissions founder David Busis will lead a personal statement workshop for a limited number of students (for free) on Saturday, May 4. It's free but you'll have to pay a $20 deposit to reserve your spot. Sign up if you're interested!

• CurlyQQQCurlyQQQ Alum Member
    edited April 2019 295 karma

Hi all,

I work on 7th ave and could totally meet up after 5:30pm. Is there a group me for this? I'd love to get involved.

179 karma

Hey @CurlyQQQ we haven't really set up a group yet. I am available at anytime after 5pm Mon-Frj. Maybe we can set up a place and time to gather like a library or coffeeshop and hopefully others will join in.

179 karma

A good place to meet is Hudson Eats.Its a nice big food court. I go here to study after work and its a great place. Not too loud since after 5 everyone for the most part is heading home.

• HelloMotoHelloMoto Member
    400 karma

I am interested in joining as well!

179 karma

Hey @ghghghgh I am planning on setting up a group to meet at Hudson Eats. Other and I seem to be available after 5 or 5:30. Let me know what you think.

295 karma

@mrbuttons LOL I just have to put this out there, your username makes me laugh so much! I can only imagine showing up and saying, "Hey are you Mr. buttons?"

Ok ok lol, lets set up a group me and then others can join if they'd like. I think some of the CUNY's allow the public to use their libraries. Hunter College might be a good middle point for the boroughs. PM me with your #

@ghghghgh PM me too!

• iFrannieiFrannie Alum Member
    50 karma

hey everyone! i work near rockefeller center and would totally love to meet up with ppl... i get off @5:30 but i believe i could use my office space for a study group so it can be quiet.

179 karma

Hey @Haglerfran thats awesome. @CurlyQQQ and I just created a group text via the groupme app. If you dont mind could you pm curlyqqq with your # so she can add you to the group. We were planning on meeting at the cuny library but it seems we might do library near grand central. Let us know what you think. Thanks

• vernicelove-1-1-1vernicelove-1-1-1 Live Member
    30 karma

I'd Love to join!

• vernicelove-1-1-1vernicelove-1-1-1 Live Member
    30 karma

I am also near the Bronx. What date are we looking at?

295 karma

Hey @vernicelove PM me your # and I'll add you to the GroupMe we're looking at this Thursday May 2 after 5pm. We are completing Section 4 of PT49 and BRing at the library and going over it together.

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

@CurlyQQQ could you add me as well? Thanks!

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

I would love to be added. I currently live in the Bronx but work around City Hall.

• Help2222Help2222 Member
    240 karma

I am interested. A good place to meet could NY Public Library.

295 karma

Hi guys,

@rdelltownsel @jimmyrivera201 just pm me your # and I’ll add you to the group chat. We had our first meet up at the Ny PL but there wasn’t much space at the location we were looking at. We’re looking into using someone’s conference rooms at their job in manhattan.

• vroman113vroman113 Core Member
    49 karma

Im interested, but I'm free after 6pm I work at chinatown. So it would only take me 10 min to get to brookfield. I also work at the post office on canal street Im sure we can use the break room to study. Only thing is people walk in and out.

179 karma

@vroman113 Hey Vroman. I am available to study at brookfield or close by. Let me know what schedule works for you.

• LSAT2019-2LSAT2019-2 Alum Member
    126 karma

I'd like to join the study group if it's happening in lower Manhattan. I work close by. Brookfield Place sounds like a good place to meet. Can someone add me to the group?

179 karma

@"another.dwm" pm your number so can add your number to the group we set up