Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the Digital LSAT. For whoever needs this right now

alumivacuialumivacui Alum Member
in General 212 karma

The provided link has maybe not all, but many of the answers to concerns that I've been stressing over. Hopefully this helps ease some minds !! Sure helped mine (As much can really be done)

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/about-digital-lsat

Comments

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

This was helpful! I found it helpful to also look at the trial they provided. I think I'm okay with everything else, but the RC section scares me. I like being able to scribble along the sides :disappointed:

• ericj_williamsericj_williams Live Member
    41 karma

It says we can bring out own pencil.

"Will test takers be able to use physical scratch paper for making notes?
    Yes! LSAC will provide scratch paper and a pen for test takers to use during the test. Digital LSAT test takers will also be permitted to use their own pencil and eraser for making notes. We will provide a stylus that can be used to underline and highlight text on the tablet.

• thecmancanthecmancan Alum Member
    161 karma

Yes, bringing your own pencil is allowed.

I'm thinking that just eschewing the stylus and use pencil and fingers for the test.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Thanks for this. Is anyone else having major problems using the highlighter function? On my laptop, it works some of the time, which is super frustrating, and I can't get it to work on my iPad at all. I am a big fan of highlighting, so this is not good.

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Are we going to be able to choose the electronic version or is it randomly selected for the July date?

• alumivacuialumivacui Alum Member
    212 karma

@TexAgAaron said:
    Are we going to be able to choose the electronic version or is it randomly selected for the July date?

no! it will be randomly selected. Basically you show up and they tell you whether you get it or not.

212 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    Thanks for this. Is anyone else having major problems using the highlighter function? On my laptop, it works some of the time, which is super frustrating, and I can't get it to work on my iPad at all. I am a big fan of highlighting, so this is not good.

Yes. I had this issue yesterday and figured it was because i was on my laptop... but good to know that it isn't just me

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

Thanks for posting that! I was actually unaware that it'll be test center specific as to which students get the paper version vs. digital. That actually takes away some of the anxiety surrounding possibly sitting for the July test for me. I had been worrying about the possibility of people taking it in different formats in the same room!

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma

@alumivacui @2ndTimestheCharm Was the highlighting issue you experienced on LSAC’s site or 7Sage?

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

On LSAC's site. The 7Sage version highlighter is working now. It would be nice to be able to practice on both...
    (I'm taking both June and July and so far having trouble finding enough time to do any full-length tests digitally.)

212 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:
    @alumivacui @2ndTimestheCharm Was the highlighting issue you experienced on LSAC’s site or 7Sage?

The 7sage one is working now. I would go so far as to say it works BETTER than the lsac one currently. the fluidity was the issue... atleasst that is how i would describe it.

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma

@alumivacui @2ndTimestheCharm Phew, glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know.