Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to study?

Snoopy123Snoopy123 Alum Member
in General 105 karma

Just finished all the lessons. Would the best thing for me to do is to take PT after PT?
Is 2-3 PT a week good or too much? I study a min of 5 hours a day and I’m hoping to get a score of 169 in September.
Also, when should I start drilling the lessons again?

Comments

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

Congratulations on completing the lessons.

I definitely recommend you do a PT. At this stage, taking PTs will just be an assessment of your skills. Start with one per week. You will need the rest of the days to blind review, re-review lessons and drill weak spots. If your scores (blind review AND timed) match your goals, then I would add another PT for that week.

5 hours a day is a great maximum. Burnout is real and very unpleasant. Good luck.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Congrats on completing your first run through the CC!

There’s a fantastic webinar titled “Post Core Curriculum Study Strategies” that I recommend checking out. It will give you a good outline of how to proceed.

It’s under Course —> Resources —> webinars.

Best of luck on your journey!

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Hey! I would suggest that you take a PT now just to figure out where you're scoring now. You will need to BR this effectively, which means actually figure out what the premises/conclusions are, diagram the logic, figure out why the wrong answer choices are wrong, and why the right is correct. Simply getting the answer right is not the point, but to figure out why the wrong ones are wrong is very important too.

Once you have BR'd, it will show where your weaknesses are through analytics. Use the tool to figure out what question types you need to drill and work on drilling for a few days. Once you feel comfortable, you may even do timed LR sections or just jump back into PTs. Goodluck

• 615 karma

I agree with @Princess on taking a PT to just see where you’re at.
    But don’t be discouraged with that score. My first post-CC score actually went down from my diagnostics, and was so disappointed I actually took some time off from studying LSAT. Take one PT and BR it, then I would spend at least 2 mo. on q type drills, LG foolproofing and untimed RC. Practice right habits. Really dig the forums and watch webinars. There are so much precious info in this forum, and I can almost always find someone else asking the similar question about lsat. After drilling, I’d start with PTs and single sections, practice timing and more.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    edited May 2019 840 karma

I think doing timed sections to see where your understanding is and your timing will help you transition better to doing full PT's rather than just doing PT after another. If your understanding is not solid, your score will reflect that and you'll waste valuable PT's for the future.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I’ve learned there is no best way... try it different things and do what works for you. It’s also going to depend on your personal life and schedule and how much energy and time you have to dedicate to your prep.

I didn’t have a ton and instead studied for 5-10 hours a week over the course of about 2 years. I did mostly timed sections & fool proofed with an emphasis on the modern tests (52+).