Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Texas Tech or U of Denver($, 2.3 conditional)?

cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
in General 737 karma

Hi all,

I applied to several other schools, but I narrowed it down to these 4 schools:

Texas Tech (no scholarship offer yet) *COA is about $26k/year
U of Denver (a little less than $$, 2.3 conditional)
SMU (WL)
A&M (WL)

I am a Texas native, but I would be ok with moving to Colorado or staying in Texas for law school and work. I would not want to be in Texas forever though, I'd love to experience and work at another state at some point. I feel like staying in Texas for law school would be the safer route since I am more familiar with the state and have family here. I'll also have close to $50k in savings before I begin.

One thing that puts me off about U of Denver compared to Tech is after calculating my debt from the accesslex website, I think i'd have around $50-70k more debt at Denver and the average salaries for first year grads from Tech and Denver are about the same, according to their stats. Thoughts between Denver vs Tech? Any help would be appreciated! :D

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited May 2019 23929 karma

I haven’t researched the schools to know enough to help you make an informed decision, but if the outcomes are the same and you’d be okay with working in TX, I don’t think you can go wrong taking the money. Plus, being closer to family and having some familiarity is important. Those things certainly factored into my own decision.