Comprehensive Consulting -- My Cycle Experience and Honest Review

Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
edited May 2019 in Law School Admissions 436 karma

Hi everyone! My name is Hamaseh and I was a 7sage student and also purchased the Comprehensive Consulting admissions package. I am here to give you an honest review of my experience.

First off, I am heading to UC Irvine in the fall (cries from excitement). UC Irvine was a target-reach school. I was accepted to all my target-reach schools with super generous scholarships (expect Irvine). Irvine was the only school that did not offer me a hefty scholarship. After multiple asks, and David and Margaret's guidance, I successfully matched my scholarship. I was denied from one reach school and I am waitlisted to the other. I found a lot of success in my admissions. I was a splitter (low GPA, fine LSAT), I sincerely attribute my success to my essays. I had no interest in attending based on ranking and did not apply for any of the T10s. My goal from the outset was to get a great scholarship from a great school. I was able to reach this goal because I purchased this package. Here is why:

My 7sage advisors were Margaret and David.

Admissions - I worked mostly with Margaret during this phase. We had a Skype brainstorming session for each essay. She held the space for me while I idea dumped, both on paper and on Skype. We talked about our favorite ideas and once the subject matter for the essay was chosen, she gave me prompts and through many drafts, we finally created a stellar essay. This part of the package was worth every penny for me. I know this is the reason I was admitted to most of the schools because my essays were fantastic. None of it was made up and the writing was captivating. I still always re-read them. The creation of these essays was the most valuable part of the package for me.

If you are not a great writer (like me), hesitate finding value in your ideas, or have no idea where to start, this package is worth it. Margaret does a lot of prompting and grammatical/structural edits. If you are looking for someone to write your essays, definitely look elsewhere.

Post-Admissions (communication with advisors, scholarship renegotiation, LOCIs) - I worked with David a lot after I had been admitted. We talked in depth a couple times about strategy regarding scholarship negotiations and LOCIs. I had a lot of anxiety around the subject of scholarship negotiations. David set my expectations straight but also gave me a lot of encouragement to get on the phone or send an email regarding the same. He oversaw my LOCIs and emails requesting scholarships and also helped me figure out my strategy for negotiations. I think the work I did with David was very specific to my situation (and will be specific for each person), so what I really want to say is that I think David is amazing in acting as a mentor and overseeing the process and strategy pre and post admissions.

I loved that David gave input about my communication and presentation regarding each email I sent to an admissions officer. He will not communicate with admissions officers or ask for more money for you, or prompt you to go after something out of the blue. You need to take initiative and David will help you figure out how to get to what you want. That is exactly what I was looking for.

My experience with Comprehensive Consulting was amazing. Yes, the price tag stings at first but in my opinion, it was totally worth it! I got into an amazing school and I saved tens of thousands in tuition. Highly recommend!

Best,
Ham

PS. LMK if any of you are going to Irvine and see you thereeeeeeeee!!!!

PPS. If we were in the LSAT study group together pls message me and lmk what you are up to/how you are <3

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!! Thanks for your honest review! Wishing you the best of luck!!

• jasminesadejasminesade Alum Member
    249 karma

Congratulations Hamaseh! And thank you so much for your review!

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Congrats, and see you at UC Irvine!

• TORToiseTORToise Alum Member
    31 karma

Irvine is definitely a target school for me in this upcoming cycle. CONGRATS!!!

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing and congrats on all of your acceptances and $$ offers.

• Hamaseh_SHamaseh_S Alum Member
    436 karma

Thank you all!!! Good luck to everyone :)

436 karma

@CantStopWontStop said:
    Congrats, and see you at UC Irvine!

YAY!! See you there!!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

That’s really amazing! Congrats @Hamaseh_S !

• PrideViktorious170PrideViktorious170 Alum Member
    22 karma

Thanks for the encouragement!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Congrats!!

• teamteamvicsterteamteamvicster Alum Member
    edited May 2019 774 karma

Hi Ham!!!! I am SOOOO excited for you. UCI is lucky to have you. Please keep me updated. I'm deposited at Notre Dame after negotiating and re-negotiating my scholarship. I had no idea that was a thing you could do, but I felt like a badass negotiator. Still riding out a couple of waitlists, so who knows? I'm also deferring a year, so I will be cheering you on from the sidelines!

Best of luck! Keep in touch! Have a great summer! (I feel like I just signed your 8th grade yearbook, and I'm here for it.)

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    231 karma

Congratulations!! Your post makes me wish I got the consulting package haha, what a great review. See you at UCI :)

436 karma

@teamteamvicster said:
    Hi Ham!!!! I am SOOOO excited for you. UCI is lucky to have you. Please keep me updated. I'm deposited at Notre Dame after negotiating and re-negotiating my scholarship. I had no idea that was a thing you could do, but I felt like a badass negotiator. Still riding out a couple of waitlists, so who knows? I'm also deferring a year, so I will be cheering you on from the sidelines!

OMG HI!!! Ahhh we have come such a long way!! I'm so proud of you:') Sounds like you had a lot of success in your admissions which you totally deserve <3

I felt the exact same way negotiating my scholarship hahaha I feel like I can ask for anything from anyone at this point. First step to becoming a lawyer!

Best of luck! Keep in touch! Have a great summer! (I feel like I just signed your 8th grade yearbook, and I'm here for it.)

Love the 8th grade yearbook vibe. Hopefully one day you can sign my law school yearbook hehe. Good luck with everything!!!

436 karma

@sandypants said:
    Congratulations!! Your post makes me wish I got the consulting package haha, what a great review. See you at UCI :)

You are going to UCI too?!

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    edited May 2019 231 karma

@Hamaseh_S

Yep, starting this fall as well! :)

edit: Whoops pressed enter too early!