Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). July LSAT Score Release Date - 7Sage Forum

July LSAT Score Release Date

elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
in General 269 karma

Just got an email from LSAC announcing July score release date:

"Because the July test is being offered in two different formats, it will take longer than normal for test takers to receive their scores. When introducing a new mode of test delivery, testing companies are required to do in-depth research on the two modes, in this case tablets and paper booklets. This is to ensure the validity and reliability of the test scores. As a result of this process, July test takers will receive their scores on Wednesday, August 28, 2019. We anticipate the ability to report scores faster with future tests."

Comments

• Wesley-BWesley-B Alum Member
    172 karma

That sounds awful.

I'm about to register for the July LSAT as a back up to my June LSAT. (You can't register for July after the June administration.) I'm pretty sure this would take registering for September out of the question after you get July's score back.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

The plus is, you get till Sept 4th to decide, after you see your score, to cancel. And if you cancel, you get another test as a freebie. So, there's that. But yeah.. you pay for it in the wait.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@AudaciousRed said:
    The plus is, you get till Sept 4th to decide, after you see your score, to cancel. And if you cancel, you get another test as a freebie. So, there's that.

Correct me if I’m wrong. But Im guessing we wouldn’t be able to use the September test as our freebie. Since registration will have ended before we get our scores for July.

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    148 karma

I'm also interested in knowing this

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@AudaciousRed said:
    The plus is, you get till Sept 4th to decide, after you see your score, to cancel. And if you cancel, you get another test as a freebie. So, there's that.

Correct me if I’m wrong. But Im guessing we wouldn’t be able to use the September test as our freebie. Since registration will have ended before we get our scores for July.

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@AudaciousRed said:

• FilibusterFilibuster Alum Member
    100 karma

I was having a good day. Then I read your post about a month-long wait after the July LSAT.

Which of the following must be true?

(A) I am still having a good day.
    (B) I am now having a great day.
    (C) The early day gets the day.
    (D) A day for a day makes the whole world night.
    (E) I now have anxiety about having anxiety. Pre-anxiety, if you will.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I believe you are correct that September would be a no-go for using the freebie. The letter mentions still being able to register for October, as that registration closes Sep 10th.

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

From FAQ on LSAC's website:

"As a July test taker, if I choose to cancel my score, will I be able to take the September LSAT?
    "The deadline for registering for the September LSAT is August 1, 2019. Therefore, unless you already registered for the September test before seeing your July test score, you will not be able to register for the September LSAT. The next LSAT is in October 2019, and the registration deadline is September 10."

from this, it is still unclear whether you can use the freebie on the sept test or not. I'm gonna get in touch with LSAC next week to clear this up. Will report back.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

In the e-mail from LSAC it says, "If you decide to cancel your July 2019 test score, you will be able to retake the LSAT at no additional charge through the April 2020 test," so it sounds like you could use it on any test from October through April, but it is screwy what they're doing with September. I may just register for September and then withdraw if needed, but it would be nice if they refunded $ in that case. Nice? Fair? Should I keep dreaming?

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Does anyone know how long it will take for September test scores to be released now that the test will be fully digital?

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

I think I'm just going to skip September because of this mess. If I'm not happy with my July score, I'll take the freebie in October. That way I can enjoy a bit of summer and have plenty of time for mastery ;)

• pavansingh23pavansingh23 Alum Member
    10 karma

Will September and afterwards be fully digital? I’m writing in July, but concerned I might need some extra time. For admission in 2020, what is the most commonly accepted absolute last LSAT date?

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@pavansingh23 said:
    Will September and afterwards be fully digital? I’m writing in July, but concerned I might need some extra time. For admission in 2020, what is the most commonly accepted absolute last LSAT date?

September and afterwards is supposed to be fully digital. I think the only way that would change is if something went very wrong in July.

• arman_65arman_65 Alum Member
    252 karma

The deadline for October is Sep 10th I believe. That leaves us with less than 2 weeks from getting the score to deciding wether to take October test. The problem is that while it’s before the deadline, many preferred test centers will be full by late August. So if we register for October and pay the fee, do we get a refund from LSAC if we end up cancelling our July score?

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    275 karma

I called LSAC and was told that using the July freebie for September may or may not be an option. She said “I don’t know if that will even be an option at this point. You can call back closer to the test date to check again.”

It will also still take three weeks to release the September test score.

• HairyTurtleHairyTurtle Alum Member
    62 karma

@Isaiah4110 said:
    I called LSAC and was told that using the July freebie for September may or may not be an option. She said “I don’t know if that will even be an option at this point. You can call back closer to the test date to check again.”

What a mess!!

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

So you wait six weeks to get your score back... Nice! I didn't take this this news well at all, as someone who was already feeling a bit ambivalent about July's test. I'll most likely still try to sit for it if at all possible, though, since September and October's exams feel like they're a ways away.

• umich101umich101 Alum Member
    364 karma

@HairyTurtle said:

@Isaiah4110 said:

What a mess!!

To the July test date?