Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to avoid Bubbling error? need tips

Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
in General 152 karma

Hi,

What do you do to avoid bubbling error? In recent PTs I have done, I made 1 bubbling error per PT!!!

This problem is with RC and LR.
For LG, I circle each answer and bubble after each game. I often have time to go over my bubbling at the end of the section.

With RC and LR, I bubble after each question but I do not circle answers.

Thanks.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

My method is bubbling after each game, RC passage, and before each LR page turn. So basically, when you are looking at the open test book pages, I go through and answer everything on the left and right pages in front of me (circling my answer choices), and then before turning the page go through and bubble all those. It reduces the time going back and forth between the booklet and answer sheet like when you bubble after every question, but without doing too much at once.

I’m a little confused on what you said for LR though. So are you not marking your answer choice on the booklet at all? I definitely don’t recommend that. It’s best to mark them somehow, whether circling or otherwise, so you can quickly go back and review if you have time.

Granted, starting with the June/July test, all of this will be irrelevant since it’s going digital, haha.

• Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
    152 karma

@"Leah M B" Thanks for sharing your method. I did not mark ACs during LR, oops! I was trying to save the same copy for BR, and I found that circling marks were difficult to erase. I am taking June test, so need to make sure ZERO bubbling error. I will check out your method tom. Thanks again.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

I would do what Leah said: bubble with each page turn. It will be faster and generally lead to fewer errors. I would just make sure to keep track of what question number you should be bubbling last per page. I took the December 2014 test (wow so long ago--decided to go to a PhD program before law school so I'm re-LSATing now) and accidentally mis-bubbled and had 28 answers for 27 questions. I realized with 30 seconds to go, erased everything, and time was called and I had no answers. Needless to say, I cancelled (turns out, it was the experimental section--oh well). Just practice and you should be ok.

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    edited May 2019 404 karma

@Jane_lsat said:
    I was trying to save the same copy for BR, and I found that circling marks were difficult to erase. I am taking June test, so need to make sure ZERO bubbling error.

I totally get this! I HATE marking books... so what I do in my official preptest book is I just make very, very light marks, and I actually bubble after every answer (PS: Pentel's hi-polymer eraser is the best eraser in the world lol I've been using it for 15 years. I use the eraser block to erase PT marks and use the eraser caps to erase answer sheet bubbles during the test).

On test day, I didn't have problems because I marked up the test to my heart's content and confidently bubbled after each question.

152 karma

@SuperMario929 @10000019 @fycw2068 Thank you all for tips and reminders.

• FilibusterFilibuster Alum Member
    edited May 2019 100 karma

Not sure if this has been recommended to you, but I find it helpful to put a finger with my non-writing hand on the question number as I bubble. My only bubbling errors are due to selecting wrong answer choices. Emphasis on the 'errors'.

152 karma

@Filibuster this is good tip, thanks!

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

Just to add to what everyone else said, I usually write the letter of the answer next to the question, so I don't make a mistake and think I circled something that I didn't. It also makes me faster when I go back to bubble in the answers because its more clear.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@Jane_lsat I tried bubbling similar to what Leah did on the actual test and I tried bubbling answers one by one and I found that the second approach was more suitable for me. I tried both methods out on the actual LSAT and the score I got on doing my second approach was higher than the first method. But, I believe its all up to the person, I don't like seeing the page so empty because it mentally makes me panic and rush.