Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2019 test takers: when for the last PT, which one, and why?

Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
in June 2019 LSAT 152 karma

Hi fellow June test takers, I would love to hear your insight on three things related to the last PT you will take before the test.
1) when?
2) which one?
3) why?

The reason I am asking is because 1) I only have time for 1 more PT before the test; 2) my latest PT was PT81, and I am not sure if I should take PT82 or PT86; 3) I am OK with LG, but having difficulty with LR and RC. I read from a reddit post that LR in PT85 and PT86 are wordier. If this is true, I should really familiarize myself with the newer test.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    edited January 2020 214 karma

Try an easy one!

• how_do_you_badiouhow_do_you_badiou Free Trial Member
    20 karma

@NickIllini That's honestly such a good idea.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@Jane_lsat Hey Jane, I would suggest you do section drills instead of full time PT's as you wont be learning anything new at this point. If your having trouble with LR and RC I believe you should do a couple drills from 75-86 for LR and RC. Taking full time PT's drain your mental and you definitely don't want to burn out in the home stretch. You could still take a PT but not more than 2. Also as @NickIllini said pertaining to taking a week off is the BEST BEST advice that someone could give. The more days I take off before the actual test, the better I end up doing. PLEASE TO GOD follow that advice, focus on your mental health, quality rest, physical health, and make sure you sleep and wake up around the same time everyday; so your body and mind can adjust so you will be at your peak during the actual test.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I already took my last full length PT. It was 82 and had a pretty intense RC section imo. I think all the LR in the 80s is a bit wordier so drilling from any of those tests might be beneficial. (If you're worried about wordy LR just focus on identifying the premises and conclusion.) It can be daunting when every question on the page looks like a full paragraph but it's really more of a mental block than actual difficulty. I will be doing timed individual sections from tests I've already Blind Reviewed instead of a full length PT. Also going to practice logic games every now and then just to stay sharp. Biggest thing is eating right and getting plenty of sleep! Good luck! I'm sure we're gonna kill it.

• Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
    152 karma

@NickIllini @DivineRaze @"Pride Only Hurts" It looks like the consensus is to take the last week lightly. Thank you all for your insight!

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

https://7sage.com/8-the-week-before-the-lsat-how-to-manage-nerves/

I just took PT83 yesterday, and will probably take a recent retake a couple days before the exam (similar to what David mentions in the podcast link above), just to kind of keep things flowing. Won't grade it -- just do it to keep the mechanics.

I think the underlying principle for taking it easy is mostly just keeping your mental game sharp. Be confident, tell yourself it's going to be okay, and believe in the work you've put in is what i'm going to try to do (especially since my last PT was full of so many underconfidence errors -- yikes!).

• Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
    152 karma

@BlindReviewer @"Pride Only Hurts" @NickIllini Have you already taken the most recent (PT85 PT86)?

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

@Jane_lsat I took 80, 81, 83, and 86, but have not taken the others in the 80s (saving them for potential retake!)