Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sample of Writing Sample

AndriiOnyskoAndriiOnysko Alum Member
in July 2019 LSAT 62 karma

I was wondering of any of you would be able to recommend a good source for writing samples. I would like to see actual examples of this assignment. I an foreign educated and never took SAT, I have a very vague idea of how this sample should look like.
I will greatly appreciate if any of you can recommend a good resource.

Andrii Onysko

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Do you mean the writing sample portion of the LSAT? Or the personal statement?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7272 karma

We have PS examples here: https://7sage.com/law-school-ps-examples/

• AndriiOnyskoAndriiOnysko Alum Member
    62 karma

Thank you David!

• AndriiOnyskoAndriiOnysko Alum Member
    62 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    Do you mean the writing sample portion of the LSAT? Or the personal statement?

I meant writing LSAT sample

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

I think he means the essay portion of the LSAT exam. I wouldn’t worry about this section too much because again your total score is what ultimately matters the most. However, for what it’s worth I would keep your essay to 3-5 paragraphs. I got a perfect score on the awa essay section of the GMAT. It definitely helps to view some samples but also read what you write out loud and if you can find a professor whose familiar with the essay type.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

As long as you follow the instructions, that's the most important part. It's a more valuable use of your time to study the scored portions of the LSAT than to worry too much about the writing sample. Admissions knows that it's not going to be your best ever piece of writing.