Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First 180 on a practice test!

philosoraptorphilosoraptor Free Trial Member
in General 58 karma

I took the June 2017 Official Test and got a 154. Sine then, I studied like a madman and then I got a 164 on the March 2019 Official Test. So, after almost two years of intensive prep, this 180 feels pretty sweet. I'll be taking the July test soon.

The biggest difference between this practice test and any other test I've taken was me trusting my instincts and almost being on auto-pilot throughout the entire test. I was very rarely consciously thinking while taking this test, but I was mostly just reacting to the questions presented in front of me.

Comments

• GermanLSATtakerGermanLSATtaker Alum Member
    148 karma

Thats awesome! Congrats! Which one did you take?

• how_do_you_badiouhow_do_you_badiou Free Trial Member
    edited June 2019 20 karma

Congrats, that's incredible! Any insights into what went well on this PT and what got you there? Taking the real deal on Monday haha @GermanLSATtaker kommst du aus Deutschland oder? es ist möglich, dass ich die Prüfung einmal in München machen muss.

• RebeccaSJRebeccaSJ Member
    28 karma

I admire your perseverance. Your journey from 2017 to now is an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Great improvement and wow it must feel incredible scoring a 180! I've only even managed that during BR. Definitely don't think I'll ever get there timed but I think I'm ok with that. lolol.

• WacoTexasWacoTexas Alum Member
    10 karma

Congrats! I just started my journey this past week and hearing others express their confidence after seeing their results makes me want to study harder.

• get that 173get that 173 Alum Member
    122 karma

Congrats! Best of luck on your July test!

• philosoraptorphilosoraptor Free Trial Member
    58 karma

@GermanLSATtaker said:
    Thats awesome! Congrats! Which one did you take?

I took PrepTest 52. Honestly, I think I got a tad lucky because it suited my strengths: medium difficulty LR/RC and easy games. Still, I felt very comfortable and in control throughout the test.

58 karma

@how_do_you_badiou said:
    Congrats, that's incredible! Any insights into what went well on this PT and what got you there? Taking the real deal on Monday haha @GermanLSATtaker kommst du aus Deutschland oder? es ist möglich, dass ich die Prüfung einmal in München machen muss.

Like I mentioned, I think I just believed in my instincts more on this test and went on auto-pilot. I was listening to the LSAT Proctor script before the test, and I remember telling myself "Have faith in your technique and preparation." I have a bad habit of consciously overthinking the test, but this time I just reacted to what was in front of me almost subconsciously.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Congrats! Now the hard part that no one ever thinks about: There's no where to go from here but down. Taking that next PT after a 180 can be rough, but don't let it bother you. Just do what you always do. Learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat them on the next one. That's the process that got you to this 180; that's the process that'll get you through to July.

58 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Congrats! Now the hard part that no one ever thinks about: There's no where to go from here but down. Taking that next PT after a 180 can be rough, but don't let it bother you. Just do what you always do. Learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat them on the next one. That's the process that got you to this 180; that's the process that'll get you through to July.

Really good advice. It's definitely motivating, though. I took two practice tests since then and got a 171 on both of them. I need to stabilize my games and RC a bit more.