Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October/November Lsat

michaellit10michaellit10 Alum Member
edited June 2019 in General 17 karma

Felicitations Malefactors,

I’m currently enrolled in 7Sage Ultimate and I am planning on taking the October Lsat. I just started studying last week and so far I feel like I’m understanding the material.My issue is that the workload is a little overwhelming, considering that I’m scheduled (according to my syllabus and study plan) to do 20-34h of work each week.
To decrease my weekly workload, I am now considering moving my LSAT to November. The only issue I have with this is that I could mess up and wouldn’t really have enough time to retake, to apply for the Fall 2020 cycle (some schools I’m considering may not accept lsat scores past November). Obviously I would be taking a risk there.

Also, if I took the Lsat in October but followed a more laid back schedule, I would probably only end up doing about 25-30 practice tests, including blind review.

Do you guys think 27 PT are enough? Or should I give myself more time and take the November test? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
    272 karma

I don't think there is an LSAT in October, only Sep and Nov. I think 27 PTs is plenty. A lot of people I've spoken to have only done 5-10 if that, so that should be more than enough, especially if you're blind reviewing.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

There are more LSAT offerings now that it is being offered digitally. You never know how many PTs you will need to reach your potential. The test also has some variance so you should plan on taking it multiple times if you want to maximize your score, which at the very least will take some pressure off you. I took my first LSAT last November and scored below my average, and decided to push back to this upcoming cycle instead of applying late with a January score. It happens to a lot of people. The # of PTs is not as important as the quality of your review, but you still need to take a lot of PTs for exposure to the question/game types, pattern recognition, and timing improvements. Some people can study in 3 months and get the score they want, but a lot of people end up studying for a year or longer. Just avoid burnout and focus on the quality of your study habits instead of the number of hours you're putting in.

• michaellit10michaellit10 Alum Member
    17 karma

Thank you very much!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Also, scheduling time for the webinars and podcasts on here can be helpful.