Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Burnout/Score Decline | Test TM!! - 7Sage Forum

Burnout/Score Decline | Test TM!!

Super SaiyanSuper Saiyan Member
in General 112 karma

Idk what’s been going on, but lately, I’ve been doing phenomenally well in the past weeks on PTs, been nailing in the 170s. Some of them were tests I’ve seen before but in the past that usually hasn’t meant too much. I was getting my reading comp score down to the -1 to -4 range. More often around a -3.

My last few tests were:

165 on PT 82
177 on PT 83
164 on C2 (-9 RC!!!)
168 on PT 84
171 on PT 85

Now today I took the first three sections of PT 86 and I’m tracking at a 167... with a -7 on RC . With the June Test tomorrow, I’m just bugging out. I’m thinking of finishing PT 86, and then trying to review the RC and LR, and then reviewing the RC on C2. The other part of me wants to just stop and shut down, maybe go to the gym and sleep super early. Not sure if this is burnout, stress, or just a fearful truth that maybe I just suck at this.

Other things I can think of are maybe for C2 I got nailed because I had spent 5 or so hours doing BR straight right before it. I also haven’t eaten breakfast today so maybe that could be hurting me too. Idk.

Anyone with burnout experience have any input?

Comments

• Super SaiyanSuper Saiyan Member
    112 karma

I’m also thinking of maybe just reviewing the RC for C2 and PT 86, and maybe leaving it at that.
    Lastly my BR scores are typically upper 170s or perfect. Don’t know if that will help or not, just thought I would mention it.

• dwu_5125dwu_5125 Alum Member
    30 karma

Hey - if you're taking the exam tomorrow, you should definitely prioritize rest today above anything else. Your goal now is to function as well as you can tomorrow. Your test scores look really good and consistent enough, and any intensive prep you attempt now will either (1) have no effect on your performance tomorrow (since these are skills that you need time to solidify, and that you can't do overnight) or (2) negatively affect your performance tomorrow, since you might burn out/be psychologically thrown off by an odd score.

Don't add to the stress you're already going through and don't chase the score. At most, do some light review. Be confident in your skills - your historical test data speaks for itself - and don't question yourself! Good luck tomorrow!

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I encountered the same problem as you. I was consistently scoring above 170s because my RC scores were always between -2 to -5. Literally all my tests this month were below 170 because of RC. I started missing 7 or 9 and sometimes even 10. I was shocked that I could get a 167 with missing that much on RC. The inference and most strongly supported questions on RC started to hurt me a lot. I feel like they have more of those question types now and that they made it much harder! Im still taking June however cause maybe I will luck out and do well.

• Super SaiyanSuper Saiyan Member
    112 karma

@dwi_5125 Thanks for the reassurance! I was trying to tell myself that. Maybe I’m just in my own head.

@cooljon525 I really realllly hope this isn’t the case that we are just sucking now lol. Hoping it’s just burnout.

• dwu_5125dwu_5125 Alum Member
    30 karma

@"Super Saiyan" No worries :) You'll be fine tomorrow! Best of luck.