Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I narrow down to 2 then choose wrong every time

Rachel JonesRachel Jones Alum Member

So first I'll admit that I spent far too many months on the curriculum and haven't haven't enough practice tests. My actual LSAT is tomorrow.

I I consistently scoring WELL BELOW where I want to be. Barley higher than when I first started. I'm a wreck!! Logic games is my absolute worst, I usually don't get more than 10 LG questions correct on a PT.

Aside from that, I think I have a good grasp on LR. I understood all the lessons and did will with the problem sets through the curriculum. However, for LR, every time I take a timed PT, I do process of elimination and get it down to 2 choices, I stare at it for a while, realize I'm running out of time, pick the one I was leaning toward, and move on. Except I always choose the wrong one.

What is going on??

Comments

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

Wow it’s like you were describing me, nine months ago. I went through the same thing. Getting past the “pick two” dilemma requires you to be VERY careful attention to language modifiers like some, any, all, etc, and you also need to make sure you’re picking the answer that best describes the subject of the question. Finally, make sure you’re not mistaking sufficiency for necessity, and the other way around, because many ac’s will give an answer choice that WOULD be correct, but the sufficiency and necessity are incorrectly flip flopped.

I took my first test without a strong grasp of LG and I would recommend that you plan to take this test and just cancel. It won’t be where you want it to be. Test day isn’t about making a last-chance Hail Mary happen- it’s about putting down on paper your previously proven abilities, whatever they are.

• Nunuboy1994Nunuboy1994 Free Trial Member
    346 karma

This happened to me too. If this is happening my guess is that you understand the question stimulus but are ultimately getting the answer choice wrong because you cannot comprehend the answer choices. For example, if you narrow down an assumption question to two answers you may not be able to choose the correct because you don’t understand the answer means.