Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

13»

Comments

• 3-eyed-raven3-eyed-raven Alum Member
    12 karma

I remember doing an RC passage about a record label and Detroit. Was that one in the real RC or the experimental section? Also, what about the passage about griot, was that in the real RC or the experimental?

• mamzi0608mamzi0608 Member
    28 karma

@"3-eyed-raven" said:
    I remember doing an RC passage about a record label and Detroit. Was that one in the real RC or the experimental section? Also, what about the passage about griot, was that in the real RC or the experimental?

I had only one RC and remember there was one about movie and the external influences on its authenticity, 2nd one was fish farming, 3rd one was about 2 types of witnesses on the court. and the 4th one I couldn't catch up sadly

• 3-eyed-raven3-eyed-raven Alum Member
    12 karma

I remember doing an RC passage about IP or computers. Was that one in the real section or experimental? What about the one about groit (or something like that?

• Jane_lsatJane_lsat Free Trial Member
    152 karma

@3-eyed-raven griot/jazz one is real. I had only one RC and there was no IP/computer

• srbynefsisrbynefsi Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Does anyone know how many questions there were for the comparative passage ? Was it 5, 6, or 7? I think the fishery had 8...

• hyukuanhyukuan Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I had two LG, and the art on the wall section is crazy hard, I did not even finish that game. The other one has a game about oil and water painting, and that one was relatively easier. I wish the art on the wall one is the experimental one

152 karma

@hyukuan you are right. The one with wall deco is experimental.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    edited June 2019 1755 karma

@Jane_lsat

for the experimental LG section, was there something about putting things into months? like for November, December, ... ? was that from the (using power score labels) 'Art on walls of a room' game or 'Authors of a scientific paper (grads, undergrads, scientists, etc)' game?

anyone else have RC LR LG LR LG

I think the 3rd section was the experimental LG? Can someone confirm or deny this?

• 1025 karma

@username_hello said:
    @Jane_lsat

for the experimental LG section, was there something about putting things into months? like for November, December, ... ? was that from the (using power score labels) 'Art on walls of a room' game or 'Authors of a scientific paper (grads, undergrads, scientists, etc)' game?

I think the 3rd section was the experimental LG? Can someone confirm or deny this?

Confirmed.
    I had the same test as you.
    How’d you do on the last game?

• morgancheeroamorgancheeroa Member
    8 karma

@camilabayly said:
    Does anyone know if the LR section with the spiders in Guam was real or experimental?

Real!

152 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:

@username_hello said:
    @Jane_lsat

Confirmed.

Yes, Mine was also RC LR LG LR LG. The third one was experimental.
    @TheDeterminedC @username_hello I had very weird feeling about LRs. I finished 2nd LR with ~4-5min to spare which never happened to me during PTs. The LRs in this test were so different from PT80s. I also had a streak of certain letter answers that I kept thinking during the test that this shouldn't be right...Was it super-tricky?

• morgancheeroamorgancheeroa Member
    8 karma

@Jane_lsat said:

@TheDeterminedC said:

@username_hello said:
    @Jane_lsat

Confirmed.

Yes, Mine was also RC LR LG LR LG. The third one was experimental.
    @TheDeterminedC @username_hello I had very weird feeling about LRs. I finished 2nd LR with ~4-5min to spare which never happened to me during PTs. The LRs in this test were so different from PT80s. I also had a streak of certain letter answers that I kept thinking during the test that this shouldn't be right...Was it super-tricky?

SAME. Like exact same. I was so thankful that they didn't give us anything crazy hard like PT 85. I also had some "answer patterns" which made me a little weary....

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" Yeah, it was a tough section too on top of that. I am just remembering the courtroom witnesses passage from the test, and remembering that one being kind of hard now.

For me it was the Fish and Griot/blues passage that gave me trouble. I actually quite enjoyed the witness and movie authenticity passages. I don’t remember if the blues passage was lost but I know I felt rushed for time.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@TheDeterminedC said:
    Anyone know if the adjacent paintings / sculptures LG game was experimental?

It was game #4.

The other LG section was fairly easy. The last game was tough.

I BOMBED the sculpture game.

Yes! Word on the street is that it was crazy hard

My average for LG is -.5 and I had 7 unanswered questions when time was called. That took a toll on my mental. Thankfully, break was right after this LG so I had time to convince myself it was the experimental. It seemed WAY too tough for an LG section. It wasn't even built up by easy games like the first 3 were on the real section either. LSAC did us dirty!!

Yes, that first LG section was a total nightmare. If felt like cruelest thing ever since I only recently had my big breakthrough with the Games. My heart sank after reading that adjacent paintings / sculptures on the wall game because I just knew that I had nothing. No gameboard. And the other games weren't easy. It was impossible for me to get into that groove and it was like those games were in charge of me and all I could do was mitigate disaster and answer all of the easier questions. So, I was absolutely THRILLED to see the second LG section at the end. Ahhhhhh, games that I know to do. Thank God. Cruel. So cruel. The real (thank you, God) LG section seemed like a breeze by comparison but the open-ended final one between Thu., Fri. and Sat. did throw me off a little. But still, easypeasy by comparison.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

@TheDeterminedC i thought the last LG section was okay. the first 2 games were really easy, but the last two games -- I got stuck on a couple of questions. Lots of open ended questions and I had trouble making inferences/splitting GB's. Hbu? how'd you feel?

• malloryverezmalloryverez Member
    8 karma

@camilabayly said:
    Does anyone know if the LR section with the spiders in Guam was real or experimental?

I had that one and I only had 2 LR sections so that was real!

• akats1027akats1027 Member
    edited June 2019 37 karma

Ok so mine went like this:

Section 1: Reading Comp (with the fisheries reading)
    Section 2: Logical Reasoning
    Section 3: Logic Games
    Section 4: Logical Reasoning
    Section 5: Logic Games

I've been reading that section 3's logic game was the experimental.

2186 karma

@username_hello said:
    @TheDeterminedC i thought the last LG section was okay. the first 2 games were really easy, but the last two games -- I got stuck on a couple of questions. Lots of open ended questions and I had trouble making inferences/splitting GB's. Hbu? how'd you feel?

Finished the first two in under 10 minutes and completely froze dealing with what seemed like impossibly open ended questions. Clearly exposed a weakness of mine I hadn't fleshed out. super unfortunate because I really breezed through those first two.

1810 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@"Pride Only Hurts" Yeah, it was a tough section too on top of that. I am just remembering the courtroom witnesses passage from the test, and remembering that one being kind of hard now.

For me it was the Fish and Griot/blues passage that gave me trouble. I actually quite enjoyed the witness and movie authenticity passages. I don’t remember if the blues passage was lost but I know I felt rushed for time.

I do think the RC section was on the difficult end, after taking zillions of them. I didn't feel as comfortable as I normally do putting the main points into my own words - for all of the passages, really. Here's hoping I did better on it than it felt like I did!

1810 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:

@username_hello said:
    @Jane_lsat

Confirmed.

I had this same test, too. Proud of myself for recovering from that first LG section! All we had to do was pray there would be another one, the real one, and sure enough there was!

• JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member
    142 karma

Not sure if this is allowed to say, i will retract it if needed:

But did anyone get thrown off by the fact that for LG, they put 2 questions instead of 1 on the page with the LG stimulus?

Minor issue but kinda threw me off a tiny bit

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    edited June 2019 1094 karma

I had the RC-LR-RC-LR-LG format. Does anyone else feel like they definitely bombed this LSAT? I scored 170 on PT 86 on Saturday and had an average of 168 for the last 10 or so PTs but I just feel like I was so nervous during the real exam and am worried that I underperformed considerably; especially that RC section.

1810 karma

I agree that the RC section felt brutal. It shouldn't have felt that way, in retrospect, but it did. Possibly partially because it came first?

1094 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    I agree that the RC section felt brutal. It shouldn't have felt that way, in retrospect, but it did. Possibly partially because it came first?

Maybe so. For me, RC has been my weakest link and the fact that I got the exam with 2 sections of it made me even more nervous than I would have been. I had a feeling that 2nd RC was the experimental since it felt “underdone”... anyway, I’m really hoping my nerves didn’t kill my score.

• Folso102Folso102 Yearly Member
    61 karma

@"3-eyed-raven" said:
    I remember doing an RC passage about IP or computers. Was that one in the real section or experimental? What about the one about groit (or something like that?

@akats1027 said:
    Ok so mine went like this:

Section 1: Reading Comp (with the fisheries reading)
    Section 2: Logical Reasoning
    Section 3: Logic Games
    Section 4: Logical Reasoning
    Section 5: Logic Games

I've been reading that section 3's logic game was the experimental.

Same with me!! Section 3 confirmed as experimental, thank God

61 karma

@"shiri not siri" said:
    Did anyone have the RC section with fisheries or movies and their intended audiences?

Yep! That's the real one.

61 karma

@"Super Saiyan" said:
    1 RC only here - Fish Farms are confirmed.

Can the non LR experimentals confirm if they only had 26Q LR sections for both?

Both real LR sections had 26 Q's

• Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
    161 karma

@username_hello I had the same issue with LG

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited June 2019 917 karma

Im thinking of canceling the test because of RC. Overall I thought everything else on the test was pretty easy. RC is my worst section and i felt like I was guessing a lot on this RC section. I also wasn't able to get much sleep the night before the test because I was so nervous so maybe that played a role. When the June test gets disclosed i'm curious to try that RC again to see if it was just me or if the RC was really as hard as im thinking it was.

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

@cooljon525 said:
    Im thinking of canceling the test because of RC. Overall I thought everything else on the test was pretty easy. RC is my worst section and i felt like I was guessing a lot on this RC section. I also wasn't able to get much sleep the night before the test because I was so nervous so maybe that played a role. When the June test gets disclosed i'm curious to try that RC again to see if it was just me or if the RC was really as hard as im thinking it was.

I am not an expert by any means but I would advise against canceling. It is my understanding that they can see that you canceled so it is not as if it just doesn't show up. And since Law School's take the highest score not an average there really is not a benefit, you might as well see what you got. Plus, let's say it is a lot lower than you wanted and then you take it again and crush it. The low score on one test and high score on the next will show that you work hard, are dedicated and resilient. And the best part is, it is right there in the numbers, you don't have to say it.

1094 karma

@cooljon525 said:

I’m in the same exact boat as you (and for the same reason too). The only things holding me back are: 1. I typically underestimated my performance during prep tests 2. I know I crushed that LG and did good to great on LR, and 3. What if my gut feeling is wrong and I scored 170+? Do I really want to cancel what might turn out to be a great score?
    If you, like me, were often surprised by how competent your PT scores turned out in spite of uncertainty you might want to give yourself more time to deflate before pulling the trigger on cancellation. That said, I will likely cancel my score anyway and here’s why: I know with more time and study I can (and will) perform better. Why would I submit anything less than my absolute best on my law school applications?
    I just ordered ultimate+ and am committed to studying as hard and long as it takes until I reach the top; whether or not I cancel this score. Good luck to you, whatever you decide.

61 karma

@"3-eyed-raven" said:

griot is real!

152 karma

I cannot help to keep thinking about LRs in this test. I had RC LR LG LR LG. With LR2 (the one with a one-way route/bike lane/bus Q), I had about 4-5 minutes to spare which never happened to me during PTs. When the closest to this happened to me was with PT73 LR1(I felt great about it, moved swiftly, and had ~3 min to spare), but turns out that I missed -9 in that section alone! I am really hoping that Monday's LRs are not difficult ones. Can anyone with a good grasp of LRs confirm or deny it?

BTW, my PT86 LRs were -6/-4. Thanks.

2186 karma

Definitely can’t say whether or not LR was easy. But I actually had the opposite experience. Usually I have at least 5 mins at the end of LR and this time I had less because I skipped fewer questions. Don’t stress about it! It’s out of our hands now.

1094 karma

@Jane_lsat said:
    I cannot help to keep thinking about LRs in this test. I had RC LR LG LR LG. With LR2 (the one with a one-way route/bike lane/bus Q), I had about 4-5 minutes to spare which never happened to me during PTs. When the closest to this happened to me was with PT73 LR1(I felt great about it, moved swiftly, and had ~3 min to spare), but turns out that I missed -9 in that section alone! I am really hoping that Monday's LRs are not difficult ones. Can anyone with a good grasp of LRs confirm or deny it?

My PT86 LRs were -4/-1
    I felt pretty solid after both LR sections and didn’t find either abnormally difficult. Hope you got the score you wanted!

• jqbee123jqbee123 Alum Member
    12 karma

I came out of that test knowing I hit nowhere near my PT scores leading up to it (170+) but feeling like there is no way I am doing this to myself again.
    I was getting all the games on my practice tests and feeling amazing. But on the real thing I panicked when they didn't come easily.. I barely muscled through the 3rd game and guessed on all of the 4th one. I am neurotic, apparently, and just realized how I could've easily split and solved the 4th game while I was lying down in bed and wrote it all out. (I know this is very unhealthy behavior lol) I am so frustrated and pissed at myself. I know I can get a 170+ but I'm praying I'll even get mid to high 160s on the June test... And I'd have to wait till September to try again?!? Honestly thinking of just going in blind in September and canceling if it's no good. Maybe it'd be less pressure and I wouldn't freeze up...
    Anyway, it is nice to have a place to vent about this since everyone else is saying "maybe you did better than you think!" and I am like "No, trust me. That is not how this test works." Unless I am a magic guesser!

• jqbee123jqbee123 Alum Member
    12 karma

also kudos to all who picked themselves up and kept going after rough sections! that might be the hardest part, in my opinion

152 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" I tried to mimic actual testing conditions when PTing. I was surprised that things turned out be so different during actual test.
    @DANIELHILLSHAFER Thanks. I hope LSAC did not make the LR questions look easy (but in fact they are tricky and difficult).

2186 karma

@jqbee123 said:
    also kudos to all who picked themselves up and kept going after rough sections! that might be the hardest part, in my opinion

It sounds like we had the same LG experience. I went over Game 3 in my head yesterday. Realized why I spent waaay too much time on it. I think for us it's a matter or learning not to panic when things don't go as planned. I think it's worth it to learn to overcome this because the LSAT won't be the last time we have to perform under pressure.

Maybe this will help.
    https://www.ted.com/talks/sian_leah_beilock_why_we_choke_under_pressure_and_how_to_avoid_it/up-next?language=en

• Harvard2020Harvard2020 Core Member
    109 karma

Anyone think that the second LR was way tougher than the 1st? Second had the questions about spiders, cheetahs, and buses.

• Harvard2020Harvard2020 Core Member
    109 karma

@Jane_lsat said:

@Jane_lsat said:

I thought the second LR was way tougher...

• ridglea.k.willardridglea.k.willard Free Trial Member
    28 karma

@username_hello said:

Finished the first two in under 10 minutes and completely froze dealing with what seemed like impossibly open ended questions. Clearly exposed a weakness of mine I hadn't fleshed out. super unfortunate because I really breezed through those first two.

This is exactly what happened to me. After breezing through the first two, I panicked when the third one gave me trouble and it was all downhill from there.

• ridglea.k.willardridglea.k.willard Free Trial Member
    28 karma

@jqbee123 said:

It sounds like we had the same LG experience. I went over Game 3 in my head yesterday. Realized why I spent waaay too much time on it. I think for us it's a matter or learning not to panic when things don't go as planned. I think it's worth it to learn to overcome this because the LSAT won't be the last time we have to perform under pressure.

Maybe this will help.
    https://www.ted.com/talks/sian_leah_beilock_why_we_choke_under_pressure_and_how_to_avoid_it/up-next?language=en

Thanks for sharing this video! It was super helpful. I’d also recommend deep breathing/mindfulness exercises to anyone struggling with performance anxiety (10/10 would recommend the Headspace app). Deep breathing definitely helped me focus more on performing rather than worrying about outcomes for the first half of the test (and alleviated some day before/morning of jitters etc). I just got caught up in the test day adrenaline by section 4 and lost my cool.