Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). UCLA Binding Early Admission - 7Sage Forum

UCLA Binding Early Admission

ariinchargeariincharge Alum Member

Hey guys, wanted to get your take on my situation. I am a Canadian student who graduated from the University of Toronto this year with an Honours BA. I finished with a UGPA of 3.54 and I am PT-ing in the 163-165 range right now. UCLA is my first choice for American schools and if I get in I will 100% accept the offer. I am wondering if it is worth it for me to apply early binding. I am not dead set on the US and will potentially go to U of T law if I am admitted but UCLA has always been a dream and I plan to practice in California. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7317 karma

You should come to our webinar tonight and ask! But if you're willing to pay sticker, then I think it's a pretty decent idea!

• ariinchargeariincharge Alum Member
    83 karma

@"David.Busis" will be there! Already signed up and ready to go!!!

7317 karma

Great! I also just added new information to this lesson on Early Decision: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/apply-law-school-early-decision/

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    You should come to our webinar tonight and ask! But if you're willing to pay sticker, then I think it's a pretty decent idea!

so if we apply ED, is that mean the schools will give less scholarship and assume applicants are willing to pay sticker price?

7317 karma

@SCLawbae that's exactly what it means.

Note that a few schools award automatic merit scholarships to ED admits, which changes the calculus. But as you say, if a school doesn't offer such an automatic scholarship, ED applicants should assume that they'll pay sticker.