Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UCLA Binding Early Admission

ariinchargeariincharge Alum Member

Hey guys, wanted to get your take on my situation. I am a Canadian student who graduated from the University of Toronto this year with an Honours BA. I finished with a UGPA of 3.54 and I am PT-ing in the 163-165 range right now. UCLA is my first choice for American schools and if I get in I will 100% accept the offer. I am wondering if it is worth it for me to apply early binding. I am not dead set on the US and will potentially go to U of T law if I am admitted but UCLA has always been a dream and I plan to practice in California. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7294 karma

You should come to our webinar tonight and ask! But if you're willing to pay sticker, then I think it's a pretty decent idea!

• ariinchargeariincharge Alum Member
    83 karma

@"David.Busis" will be there! Already signed up and ready to go!!!

7294 karma

Great! I also just added new information to this lesson on Early Decision: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/apply-law-school-early-decision/

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    You should come to our webinar tonight and ask! But if you're willing to pay sticker, then I think it's a pretty decent idea!

so if we apply ED, is that mean the schools will give less scholarship and assume applicants are willing to pay sticker price?

7294 karma

@SCLawbae that's exactly what it means.

Note that a few schools award automatic merit scholarships to ED admits, which changes the calculus. But as you say, if a school doesn't offer such an automatic scholarship, ED applicants should assume that they'll pay sticker.