139-171! God Bless You 7Sage!

Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
edited June 2019 in General 517 karma

I CANNOT thank 7Sage (especially JY) and the amazing community here enough. I honestly never thought I could reach the 170s (my first practice test was a 139), but on the June 3rd exam I scored a 171, and I COULD NOT have done it without JY's incredible teaching. The moral of the story here is that:
1) DO NOT BE AFRAID TO RE-TAKE (I scored a 165 in March and a 171 in June)
2) STAY DISCIPLINED (but remember to pace yourself and give yourself mental health days bec. burnout is real)
3) YOU CAN DO THIS

Thank you 7Sage. I can't thank you enough.

Edit: I don't know what month it is, apparently

Comments

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Congrats @Gunningfor121 , that increase is insane! Beck of luck with applications. This is very inspiring.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

Congrats!!

• errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
    132 karma

Wow, congrats!!!!

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

This is incredible! Congrats!!!

• 5MoreMinPlease5MoreMinPlease Yearly Member
    edited June 2019 128 karma

Congrats! It's finally over with haha. I wish you all the best during the admissions process! Keep us in the loop if you have the time! Your username is pretty funny btw :smiley:

• Gunningfor121Gunningfor121 Alum Member
    edited June 2019 517 karma
    517 karma

@5MoreMinPlease

Your username is pretty funny btw :smiley:

This process can be grueling - I try to inject some levity when I can :lol:

• GenesisGenesis Member
    55 karma

Congratulations!!! How long did you study for?

• MissLSATMissLSAT Alum Member
    219 karma

Amazing job! Would you mind sharing more about your timeline and your study routine?

517 karma

@floressanchezg About a year! I started seriously studying in August of last year.

edited June 2019 517 karma

@Taylor I started studying in August of last year and spent the first three or so months just doing the core curriculum. After I finished the core curriculum, I spent about a month just foolproofing all the games in PTs 1-35. After I finished with that (at this point it was the beginning of December), I began taking the full-length practice tests starting at 36. I wanted to get all of them done by March of 2019, so I took three full tests a week and took Sunday off (my mental health thanked me for this). That way I was able to get through all of the content before I took the LSAT for the first time in March.

In terms of my actual studying, I have to assume it was the same as most 7Sagers. For the full-length PTs, I timed them and Blind Reviewed them. The one difference, and this may not be a good thing to emulate, is that I found 3 PTs a week tolerable only if I split them up in half (I would do the first two sections of a PT on Monday and then the other two sections of that same PT Tuesday, and so on). I assume the downside of this is that you may lower your endurance for testing, but I can't say I noticed anything on test day and I think it was probably worth it because doing all 4 sections of a PT on the same day is GRUELING. lol

Let me know if you have any more questions! I'd love to help :)

• jasminesadejasminesade Alum Member
    249 karma

WOW congratulations!!! This is amazing and I started around the same diagnostic as you, so it’s really inspiring to read of your progress. I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

517 karma

@jasminesade Likewise! And cute pupper :smile:

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!! Very inspiring!

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@Gunningfor121 said:
    @floressanchezg About a year! I started seriously studying in August of last year.

Did you use other study materials or books?

517 karma

@SCLawbae Nope! Only 7Sage, all the way!

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

@Gunningfor121 said:
    @SCLawbae Nope! Only 7Sage, all the way!

save $$$! haha. Congrats!!

• MissLSATMissLSAT Alum Member
    219 karma

@Gunningfor121 Thank you so much for your detailed reply! I started at the same diagnostic score so this is really encouraging :smile: Were you studying while in school or working PT or FT? If so, do you have any tips for managing studying and other commitments?

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

How long did you study for and how many days a week/hours? and did you use 7sage all throughout ur study sesh?

• shrmshrm Free Trial Member
    8 karma

Hi! What specific 7Sage course plan were you on?

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    edited July 2019 298 karma

Thank you so much for this post, it's super inspiring! Congratulations and good luck on your applications!

@Gunningfor121 said:
    I assume the downside of this is that you may lower your endurance for testing, but I can't say I noticed anything on test day and I think it was probably worth it because doing all 4 sections of a PT on the same day is GRUELING. lol

Agreed lol! How often (if at all) did you take timed 4-section PTs in one sitting? And were you just sticking to BR'ing these PTs or were you also squeezing in timed/untimed drills for your weak areas?

517 karma

@Taylor

Were you studying while in school or working PT or FT? If so, do you have any tips for managing studying and other commitments?

Unfortunately, I can't help much with this :/ I graduated college 1 year early so that I could use the next year to focus on the LSAT. That said, I did do a couple of internships, but certainly nothing that took the lion's share of my time.

The best advice I could give on this is to sit down, write out your priorities, and figure out the best schedule to reflect those priorities. When I was in high school, I was a part of a special academic program that took a TON of time, and as a result I had to ask for fewer hours at my job and I couldn't play in my church's band every Sunday. It hurt, but I knew it was worth it in the end. You just have to know your limitations and what is truly feasible for you to do.

*Disclaimer: I know nothing about your financial situation, etc., so I can't speak as to whether you have the privilege to ask for fewer hours at work and whatnot. These are just suggestions that happened to work in my life, and I hope they can be of help to you as well.

• zenclimberzenclimber Member
    edited July 2019 14 karma

I absolutely love this!!! Good for you!

This just proves to show that hard work and dedication really pay off! The LSAT is by no means a measure of intelligence for those of us who started off with a low score. It don't mean crap!

517 karma

@ebelineluna

How long did you study for and how many days a week/hours? and did you use 7sage all throughout ur study sesh?

I've been studying since last August! The number of hours varied per day (probably an average of about 4), but I did 6 days a week, always taking Sunday off. And yes, 7Sage only, and all throughout my studying!

edited July 2019 517 karma

@shrm

Hi! What specific 7Sage course plan were you on?

Ultimate+! I can't overstate how excellent it is. I really think the depth of the course's coverage was necessary for me.

517 karma

@"Jay Tee"

Agreed lol! How often (if at all) did you take timed 4-section PTs in one sitting?

Probably... twice? Lol! 36 and 37. I then realized how unsustainable it was for me - I was going to burn out in about a week. Thus, I started splitting them up over two days.

And were you just sticking to BR'ing these PTs or were you also squeezing in timed/untimed drills for your weak areas?

I used the 7Sage analytics to see which question types I was missing the most, then went back and reviewed the teaching on those question types as well as did untimed individual questions to really focus on my technique and understand the question type.

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    298 karma

@Gunningfor121 said:
    I used the 7Sage analytics to see which question types I was missing the most, then went back and reviewed the teaching on those question types as well as did untimed individual questions to really focus on my technique and understand the question type.

Awesome, thank you so much!! There's hope for the rest of us after all! :')

• Slippin JimmySlippin Jimmy Core Member
    47 karma

Thank you for sharing this inspiring story! Good luck in applying to law schools! I am sure it will go smoothly after that amazing score :smiley:

edited July 2019 517 karma

@"Slippin Jimmy"

"YOU THINK THIS IS BAD?! THIS... CHICANERY?!" :wink:

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 917 karma

Congrats!! I was wondering if the 165 in march then the 171 in June was due to the fluctuation of the difficulty of the test or were you just less prepared in march?

517 karma

@cooljon525 I think it may have been a number of factors. One, I had a head cold in March so I wasn't feeling my best. Two, it was my first take, so I was really nervous. Three, I got a much better night of sleep in June (probably because I didn't have a cold). Four, I think the June test wasn't easier per say, but I do think it played more to my strengths. My weakness is LG, and I'm pretty sure ALL of the hard questions were LG for my June test. Because I can miss LG whether it's hard or not, this test played to my advantage because it isolated all of the difficulty in a section I don't normally do well in regardless of difficulty, allowing me to knock out LR and RC.