Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grouping with Chart Games

MMSyLSATMMSyLSAT Alum Member
in Logic Games 44 karma
Hi all,
Would please help me by giving some keywords or conditions of grouping games that can done with charts.
I know some conditions such as it has to have 2 types of items(for example, at least one of the 3 features in 6 cars)
After reading a grouping game, I thought I could do it with chat; however, after spending almost 5/6 minutes on game setup, I realized that I could not do it with chart.

I really appreciate your time and cooperation.

Comments

• alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 812 karma
    A fairly good indicator is whenever the entities to be placed are allowed to fall into more than one group. Also, a quick glance at the rules will often confirm my hunch that it is a game that should be done with a chart. Often, these games have rules that say something to the effect of " X reviews fewer of the plays than Y" So for me its two things:

1. the entities can go into more than one group and
    2. usually one or two of the rules will compare how many groups one entity can go into against another "X reviews fewer plays than Y"

Take a look at PT 42 game 4 as an example and PT 35 game 3
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    For chart games, I look for two sets of things with a binary switch for one set of things or the other. An example would be, x# car models/vacation packages/LSAT prep companies each have the possibility of these x# of features .... So you have x# things to which x# of other things either can or cannot apply. The either/or is your binary, your on/off switch and it goes in the middle, while the features and the things to which those features apply go on the outside edges. The cars with leather or sunroof was a good game to learn to recognize chart language.
  • MMSyLSATMMSyLSAT Alum Member
    44 karma
    Thanks to both of you.
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    @MMSyLSAT also, just btw, you definitely should have been able to use a chart to solve the car/power windows game. It makes it easier.
  • MMSyLSATMMSyLSAT Alum Member
    44 karma
    @alexroark5, Yes, I was. Thanks again.