Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital LSAT and comparative passage method

BumblebeeBumblebee Member
edited June 2019 in Reading Comprehension 640 karma

Since we can only view one question at a time for all sections, it now seems much less convenient to implement the comparative passage method in which you answer all the questions pertaining to Passage A first then proceed to reading Passage B.

For those of you used to doing this method on paper exams, what is your transition strategy?

Comments

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I was gonna ask the same question. Problem is when reading both passage A and B then going to the questions, I feel like its way more difficult to remember who said what and the exact details. I was thinking since we are saving 2min off of bubbling that we will have the time to quickly check the questions. The digital version is also pissing me off on games because I usually glanced at the questions to see how many global/local questions to see if i should spend more time on inferences or jump right into the questions.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

@cooljon525

Yeah. Not being able to do "if" questions first for LG is frustrating too.
    The two-page paper format was amenable to these strategies but not anymore.

I also realized that for LR, I no longer have the means to double circle questions. Only flagging is allowed, and this doesn't allow me to differentiate between double circles and single circles.

Sometimes I like to have a third round for harder questions, and now there isnt a way to double circle them. So on scratch paper, I had to write down what questions to return to for the third time. I also like to put slashes next to questions for which I have 60~70% certaintly that I wish to return to last if there is time remaining. I cant do this either.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    edited June 2019 640 karma

@cooljon525 said:
    I was gonna ask the same question. Problem is when reading both passage A and B then going to the questions, I feel like its way more difficult to remember who said what and the exact details. I was thinking since we are saving 2min off of bubbling that we will have the time to quickly check the questions.

I may decide to do this too. Although the idea of clicking past all the questions to scan for [Passage A questions] seems time consuming, this may be a better strategy than potentially being confused by AB viewpoints.
    If I implement this strategy, I must remember to pay attention to the bubble section at the bottom and remember to go back to the first question of the passage after doing all [Passage A questions]. The bubble section at the bottom kindly divides the questions into passage chunks, separated by straight bar lines, so I can know which question belongs to which passage.

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    298 karma

For what it's worth, I've tried it on the digital tester with my iPad and clicking through the questions is super fast! I don't see it taking up more than a few seconds per game/comparative passage for anyone. Just have laser focus on what you're looking for.