Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

same personal statement

Do you guys use the same personal statement when you are reapplying to the same law schools for the next cycle?

Comments

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

My DS will be the same (with some edits, maybe), but I'm using a different PS. If you have anything new to say, look at your law school application differently, then you should change it. Also, if you applied early last cycle and you were rejected or waitlisted, I wouldn't send the same materials again. They wouldn't like that. But, if you applied late, say in March, and received a response below your expectations mainly bc you were late in the cycle, it's generally ok to send the same stuff (but maybe with some slight modifications). I spoke to an admissions person that said they wouldn't judge that, because there's only a six month difference between March and September, and your life wouldn't change drastically in that time frame.

• Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 161 karma

@Louislepauvre thank you for the info! Good to know. Yes I did apply late April. So I am thinking that didn’t help. 😔

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

If you are very satisfied with your current personal statement, I would not feel compelled to write a brand new essay, but I would try to change the some parts (like the beginning and/or the end) so the admissions reader sees that you made a effort to revise it a bit. As a reapplicant, the first thing the reviewer will do is compare the personal statements. You want to avoid giving the impression that you are recycling material. Good luck!