Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Same score for the 2nd LSAT..any tip for retaking December LSAT?

CLCL Free Trial Member
edited October 2013 in General 5 karma
I got 152 October 2012 when I was a senior in college. This score was almost what I expected (a little below) because I knew I was not applying that year.. I didn't prepare that much.
And I took my second LSAT last October and got 152. This was totally unexpected because I expected 159-163. But I was so nervous in game section and messed up (I guessed almost 10 questions in game section).
I am retaking December LSAT. I am pretty confident that I will score about 5 to 10 points more...as long as I don't get too nervous as I did before. Even though I got 10 more points, that is still under 165 which was my ultimate goal....
Any tip for retaking third LSAT??
I processed two recommendations and transcript, and I am working with my personal statement. Should I go for ED with 152? Or should i just wait for December score and apply then?
Also, I heard that law school applicants are keep declining... would that increase the probability of admission this year??
I was so discouraged this morning after I received my score :( :(.... Please help!

Comments

• marshall weltonmarshall welton Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I am in the same boat with a 151 and 152. With only one more chance I might just apply and see what happens then maybe take in Feb. I couldn't believe that I did so horrible in the last LR section. I know it was a tough one but still. Plus I am out of recent PTs.
  • Litian.ChenLitian.Chen Free Trial Member
    136 karma
    Marshall, same here. I bombed my second LR by missing 10 questions here. But I was lucky enough to bump my score by 6 pts..and I also have run out of PTs...
    just do them again anyways. get a rhythm it helps you

CL, what are your target schools? I also want to apply first but I don't know if I should wait until my December score comes out..
  • marshall weltonmarshall welton Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    so you got a 162 in 2013?
    136 karma
    Marshall if you were asking me, yes i got a 162
  • DadofThreeDadofThree Alum Member
    3 karma
    Having played Division I football during under grad i did not prepare for LSAT first time and scored horribly 10 years ago.Did not take school serious, big regret. I need a 146/147 to be accepted into law school next fall of 2014. 10 years later and 3 kids and owner of business, iam giving the ole college try again. I need some seriois advice. Please HELP!!!
  • CLCL Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    I was targeting BU/BC..or may be UIUC but all these seem too unlikely for my status right now. I graduated top10 college and it is really hard for me to accept this situation. I think I should study really hard for a month and hope to bump my score by at least 8 pts on December LSAT. Would that be possible? Considering I was really really nervous during the entire exam, I may be able to ace game section annd bump my score. this is my last hope...
    136 karma
    CL, don't put too much pressure on yourself. What is your undergrad GPA? Under the current climate getting into UIUC I believe is a lot more easier than the past. And they've been dropping pretty quick (not sure if that's a good or bad sign for you though)..

8 pts bump is not impossible as long as you see the patterns of the questions. you might wanna buy a book or get a tutor..