Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ROAD to 170+: PT 87 BR (Friday July 12th,9 PM Eastern)

Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
edited July 2019 in General 2116 karma

Hi Folks:

With the recently released PT 87 hot off the presses I figure it would be a great time to do another BR session.

This would be especially helpful to people who are taking the July 15th Lsat in just over two weeks.

So on Monday I will lead a BR review of the most recent PT.

We will predominantly cover the 2 LR sections but we will also touch on the LG and RC sections.

Meeting will be hosted on zoom: link is on my post below

I hope to see you July (or later) test takers there!

EDIT

Now that the PT is on 7 sage I will be hosting another BR for those who could not attend the first one.

We will cover all sections of this test.

From what I gather the RC passages were a bit tough.

Comments

• edited June 2019 148 karma

If you are a July test taker you wont have access to PREP test 87 till it is released July 5th. Only those who took the June test have access to the test till it is formally released. Amazon and 7sage have not released the test yet.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    edited June 2019 1810 karma

Thanks for offering this! I don't get home from work until about 9pm, but I will jump on then...

• AlexRexegerAlexRexeger Alum Member
    178 karma

I hadn't realized 87 was out, so I didn't take it this weekend. Will anyone be taking it next weekend and can review then? Thanks!

• I don't believe prep tests 87 is out till july 5th. I believe the only people who have access to it were the June test takers who received their score report.

• JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member
    142 karma

This is great! Posting to remember the link

1810 karma

This is definitely happening tonight @"Michael.Cinco" ? Is it ok to join at 9pm?

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

Can we push this back to start at 9pm? 730 pretty early . Many just off work or eat dinner

1810 karma

I would love it if we could start at 9pm. I'm preparing now, but will be very bummed if by the time I join we are already farther along in the test than I'm prepared for ...

• JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member
    edited July 2019 142 karma

Is EST right

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Easten time folks. See you soon and yep you can hop in anytime.

1810 karma

Thanks. I won't be able to join until 9pm and I will only have the two LR sections ready to review. So if there's any way to start one of the LR sections at 9, that would be great. If both LR sections are done by 9pm then I won't join. Either way, thanks for doing it.

• edited July 2019 148 karma

How do you have access to test 87 if it isnt released yet except for the June test takers who took this test? Very confused.

2116 karma

For those who stayed until the end.

Link to the groupchat: https://chat.whatsapp.com/HEr9S37YrIFBZNN6w4pFpZ

was everyone a June test taker who had access to Prep test 87? if not how did you get this test when it hasnt been released by amazon or 7sage? very confused. Please clarify how to get PREP test 87 when it hasnt been released yet.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@"Lawschoolhopeful-4" said:
    was everyone a June test taker who had access to Prep test 87? if not how did you get this test when it hasnt been released by amazon or 7sage? very confused. Please clarify how to get PREP test 87 when it hasnt been released yet.

It’s on 7Sage now.

2186 karma

Wasn’t able to make the BR but I retook 87 today and still felt like RC was incredibly difficult! I found LG and LR were both almost “easy” in comparison. Anyone have a similar experience? I’m retaking on the 15th so if anyone wants to go over RC again I’m down to talk about it!

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts"
    Hey I'm busy today but can go over RC with you tomorrow or Friday if you're available.

@"Pride Only Hurts" where do you see this on 7sage with ability to buy this test if you didnt take the June test? Very confused where people are able to see this test and purchase it? Yes i see its on analytics for people who TOOK THE JUNE TEST and can enter their answers but still dont see the ability for anyone who didn't take the June test to access it.

• VegaHedgingVegaHedging Alum Member
    111 karma

@Lawschoolhopeful-4 I guess for now you have to wait until 7sage uploads it.

edited July 2019 1810 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" I'd love to go over the RC. I've BR'd the other 3 sections but I haven't even had the guts to look at the RC. Printing it out is as far as I've gone... I'm available Friday 4-6pm if that happens to work? Or anytime on Saturday.

• VegaHedgingVegaHedging Alum Member
    111 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" same boat here. I went -4 on BR for RC which is the same I got on the exam. And to be honest I found some of the questions quite tricky. As for LG and LR it was like -0 or -1 so not too tough.

2186 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts" I'd love to go over the RC. I've BR'd the other 3 sections but I haven't even had the guts to look at the RC. Printing it out is as far as I've gone... I'm available Friday 4-6pm if that happens to work? Or anytime on Saturday.

@VegaHedging said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts" same boat here. I went -4 on BR for RC which is the same I got on the exam. And to be honest I found some of the questions quite tricky. As for LG and LR it was like -0 or -1 so not too tough.

@drbrown2 said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts"
    Hey I'm busy today but can go over RC with you tomorrow or Friday if you're available.

Sweet. Friday 4-6pm works for me too!

1810 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@2ndTimestheCharm said:

@VegaHedging said:

@drbrown2 said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts"

Sounds good. I'll set some time aside tomorrow to prepare. Can someone host on Zoom and send a link?

1810 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@2ndTimestheCharm said:

@VegaHedging said:

@drbrown2 said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts"

Sounds good. I'll set some time aside tomorrow to prepare. Can someone host on Zoom and send a link?

I"ll be ready at 4pm, but I'm not sure how to host in Zoom. I've only ever followed a link...anyone?

2186 karma

I"ll be ready at 4pm, but I'm not sure how to host in Zoom. I've only ever followed a link...anyone?

I have the basic version of Zoom which only allows 40 minute meetings. Anyone know if gotomeeting has a time limit?

2227 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" same 40 minute cap on 3+ attendee meetings

2186 karma

Does skype have the same limitations?

2186 karma

@drbrown2 said:
    @"Pride Only Hurts" same 40 minute cap on 3+ attendee meetings

We could just jump from one meeting to another. Once we hit 40 mins just switch to a different host URL.

2227 karma

If you want we can do that. I am trying to set up skype too just in case

2227 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" We're meeting at 4 eastern right? I am not sure Skype is the best option. Might be a 1 hour limit without purchasing more call time. Not too sure

1810 karma

Ready to meet and standing by for how...

2186 karma

@drbrown2 said:

@"Pride Only Hurts" We're meeting at 4 eastern right? I am not sure Skype is the best option. Might be a 1 hour limit without purchasing more call time. Not too sure

Lets try zoom for now https://zoom.us/j/7350462055

• Asthenia-182Asthenia-182 Alum Member
    9 karma

Don't have Whatsapp so can't join the group. When are these two meetings happening exactly?

• Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
    124 karma

Is everyone finishing going over this PT, or would you be wanting to go again this upcoming week before the 15th?

2116 karma

Is there an appetite for another br session of pt 87? I can host one on Friday again now that it's available on 7 sage

• LizibethBennetLizibethBennet Alum Member
    44 karma

Yes! I would love to have the oppurtunity to go over this PT.

2116 karma

@LizibethBennet you got it. This Friday

• Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
    124 karma

In! Que tiempo?

2116 karma

9 PM eastern amigo

• Asthenia-182Asthenia-182 Alum Member
    9 karma

Sounds great with me! Please drop a link or something! Thanks.

• jasminesadejasminesade Alum Member
    249 karma

Would love to join this Friday!

2116 karma

MICHAEL CINCO is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: MICHAEL CINCO's Zoom Meeting
    Time: Jul 12, 2019 07:00 PM Edmonton

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://zoom.us/j/185802587

One tap mobile
    +16475580588,,185802587# Canada

Dial by your location
    +1 647 558 0588 Canada
    +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    Meeting ID: 185 802 587
    Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abvKR6s9iF