Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What life style or test taking strategy did you notice made a huge difference in your score?

LsatmindedLsatminded Member
in General 54 karma

It’s amazing to me how many factors go into how well you ultimately perform on test day beyond studying for months. For me, I noticed that simple things, like incorporating (light) exercise into my life, eating more protein, and doing a light jog before the test helped. As far as strategy, last time I focused on skipping to questions I can more easily answer first helped me get through section quicker.

What has improved results for you? Thought it’d be a nice topic for last minute tips and tidbits before July!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Taking breaks from studying. I went hard for a long time without any real breaks. Once I started taking them my scores became more stable. I also took a really long break between two actual tests and my score jumped from 163 to 171. I was burnt out!

• Madssssss L.Madssssss L. Alum Member
    124 karma

Maybe this is also a sign of me going crazy ( :wink: ), but being able to explain LR out loud to myself or others as a form of BR.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

1- Both getting enough sleep and being on a regular sleep schedule seemed to make the time I spent studying much more efficient.
    2 - I made sure to work out almost every day - even if it was just jogging a mile, I got a lot of value out of doing something physical each day.
    3 - Meditation. It really helps you handle any last second nerves you get in the week leading up to, the day of, or even during, the LSAT.

• Eanna318Eanna318 Alum Member
    25 karma

Skipping questions (really just LR) that I didn't get right away/within ~15 seconds. I only started getting high 160s and low 170s when I started doing that. Huge turning point for me in studying!

Also, and I think it was David that posted about this a while back, but whenever something would distract me or I felt really nervous during practice questions or PTs I would just say in my head, "I don't care." I tried to do this in real life too with daily annoyances, and it really helped me on test day to stay calm and focused.

Good luck!

• LsatmindedLsatminded Member
    54 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Taking breaks from studying. I went hard for a long time without any real breaks. Once I started taking them my scores became more stable. I also took a really long break between two actual tests and my score jumped from 163 to 171. I was burnt out!

Woah I recognize your username from the podcast I listened to a few days ago! Haha Congrats on your score!

• Super SaiyanSuper Saiyan Member
    112 karma

For Reading Comp, reading articles from The Economist and treating them like RC passages in my spare time (usually in bed before going to sleep) I would do like 3 or 4 of these. That and learning when to skip got me a -3 on test day. I used to get anywhere form -7 to -13 on RC.