Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling with RC. Any methods to shave a few points off?

HairyTurtleHairyTurtle Alum Member

Hello all,

I should make it clear that I am not looking to get a perfect score in the RC section but rather maximize efficiency. In LG, by skipping the substitution and equivalence questions and coming back if I had time I was able to boost my average a few points. In LR, I skip any PF questions after question #10 and come back if I have time. This has also boosted my average for LR. I was wondering if i can employ a similar strategy for RC. I find that the rated difficulty of the passage really has no bearing on my score for that passage. Some 2 star passages I bomb because I struggle to understand the content. Some 5 star passages I ace because I understand the content. My average score for an RC section is -10 and with that I am still scoring in the 160's. Also it is important to note my BR for RC sections is ALWAYS -1 or -2. I can provide more context if needed, any response is appreciated!

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

Do you tend to get more mistakes on the last 2 passages? I noticed that I was spending too much time on the questions that I didn't feel very comfortable with my answer, and I'd often end up having to speed through the last passage, hurting my score. Forcing myself to do whatever it takes to get to passage 3 by the halfway mark bumped my score a couple points.

• HairyTurtleHairyTurtle Alum Member
    62 karma

I think I may do the same with questions I am not sure about. I will pay closer attention to the time individually for each question and definitely try to give myself at least half the time for the last two passages, maybe this will help! Thanks for the response!!