Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Farewell & Thank You 7Sage Community [154 to 173]

DogOnBuffaloDogOnBuffalo Alum Member
in General 167 karma

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday I received my score for the June 2019 Asia LSAT and I received my goal score - 173. I am just writing to say thank you to this awesome community. I wasn't particularly active on the forums during my time here, but the few questions I posted were met with some amazing advice that really helped me. Law school applications are insanely competitive, and it's pretty special to see such a large group of students collectively root for each other. It gave me tremendous hope and motivation throughout my LSAT journey.

Also, having used a large variety of study materials (Blueprint in-person course, LSAT Trainer, Powerscore Bibles, Cassidy LR Loophole), I want to take this opportunity to endorse the 7Sage curriculum, especially for what was my weakest section - RC. Many people told me that RC was something too difficult to improve; I went from a -11/-12 average at the start of my study to -2/-3 now, just by practicing the memory method untimed (and then timed of course).

But most of all, I really want to convey this: I am NOT a "natural" at the LSAT. I found this test so unbelievably difficult, and it had me in tears several times. So to everyone who is afraid or hurting because you just can't face another circular game, or another passage about medieval art, or another brutal necessary assumption question -- you don't have to give up. And you certainly don't have to let some subjective, preconceived, bullshit idea about your own intelligence dictate how well you can do on this test.

Anyways, I really hope this doesn't come off as bragging, I sincerely don't mean it that way. I just a lot of respect and gratitude for 7Sage and all of you sagers, and if it's wanted, I would be happy to give some (hopefully) useful advice back to the community.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Congratulations!!!

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Hello @DogOnBuffalo,
    Congrats on the score! I'm sure its nice to see all the hard work pay off.
    I'm looking for some useful study advice. I started studying for the LSAT about 3 months ago, initially diagnosing at a 146 (answering only about 70 questions). I started with the PowerScore bibles and worked through those in about 2 months and then realized that they simply weren't working for me. I found 7sage a few weeks ago, decided to enroll and have been loving it so far! I'm registered to sit for the July LSAT (even though i'm not close to being ready I thought given the circumstances it would be a good time to take it, if even just for the experience and then cancelling my score). In regards to the CC, all i've done so far is the formal logic, BR, and about half the games CC. I've taken a handful of PT's so far (going to be saving the rest until i've studied more), all which have been in the mid to upper 150's. My last two were both 157 (with BR scores of 171 and 166). At the moment I would definitely say that my games section is the weakest (seeing as I am not yet able to finish all games in time), scoring -7 and -9 in my last two PT's. With that being said, should I just use the remaining time leading up to the july LSAT to finish the games cc and then just drill as much as possible? I plan on tackling the LR and RC sections of the CC after the july LSAT. My target score for july is 160 (I know a little optimistic), and my overall goal for the LSAT is to score in the 170's and attend a T14. I am currently studying full-time and am willing to devote as much time as is necessary to achieve this goal (I know it will be hard!). I would really appreciate opinions on how long you think it would take to achieve this goal (I know this is completely subjective- i'd just like to hear personal experiences).

Thanks in advance!

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Congratulations!! That is a tremendous score jump and you should be proud! How long did you have to study to make such a leap?

• friendlyroomyfriendlyroomy Alum Member
    90 karma

Congratulations!

• FCCLSATFCCLSAT Member
    45 karma

WOW ! this gives me hope! can you explain what the "memory method" is ? thank you

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!!

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

Congratulations! :)

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

@FCCLSAT said:
    WOW ! this gives me hope! can you explain what the "memory method" is ? thank you

This is covered in the core curriculum https://7sage.com/lesson/the-memory-method-for-improving-lsat-reading-comprehension/

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Congrats!

• awesome job! well deserved! What are your top choices for law schools?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

@DogOnBuffalo I'm so happy for you, congratulations! Good luck in the application cycle.

• DogOnBuffaloDogOnBuffalo Alum Member
    167 karma

@"Zero to Hero" Thank you for your message! Your BR scores on those 2 recent tests suggest that you understand a lot of the content, which is great! I think your plan makes sense, assuming that you are okay reporting a cancelled score to those T14 schools. Completing the CC is probably essential (though I can't say for certain because my LG approach came from Blueprint) and drilling is a good idea. However, I think it's important to review intensively after drilling. For every game that didn't go how I wanted, I would review my process for that game ASAP and also print out an extra copy or two to do again 3 or 4 days later. As for how long it may take to reach your 170 goal -- it's really really hard to say. It took a long time for me. I was stuck in the high 150s for more than a year (though to be fair during most of that year I wasn't actively studying the LSAT). Then again a plateau at around 165, then again at 168. My jump to the 170s only came around 2 months before the June LSAT. But I also know other people who were getting 170 scores after only 4 months of study. It really depends. Sorry I can't provide a better answer!

167 karma

@jmarmaduke96 Thanks so much for your comment! I guess my LSAT journey was kind of weird -- I started at Blueprint, took the class once and improved like 1 point (154 to 155). I then basically ignored the LSAT for a full year before taking the Blueprint class again, but this time I increased from 154 to a 166. I then got stuck in the high 160s for so long, probably for 7 months. But in the last 3 months of my study stuff clicked I was able to constantly score over 173. So I guess technically it took me around 2 years of studying, but with like a 1 year hiatus in between.

167 karma

@FCCLSAT Hi! I think @a1ex_682 attached the appropriate link to the memory method. But what in particular really helped me was doing the memory method untimed over and over again. Being able to abstract and identify what's going on structurally is invaluable for RC success, and it's easier to hone those skills without time pressure.

167 karma

@therealMichaelAvenatti Hey! Thanks for your comment. Well I hope to get into a T6 school, and of course HLS has been a dream since like day 1 of undergrad.

167 karma

@J.Y. Ping - thank you very much! It would have been very difficult without 7Sage!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Outstanding @DogOnBuffalo ! From one not-a-natural to another, congratulations!

• 473 karma

I'm happy for you!! Congratulations and good luck in the rest of your journey!!

• PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    577 karma

Congratulations on an amazing score and good luck on your cycle!

• alexajgomezalexajgomez Free Trial Member
    9 karma

This gives me hope! My diagnostic score was 156 and I'm stressed that the 170s are too faraway of a goal... and RC is my weakest section, too. Thanks for updating!

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

Congratulations, what an amazing accomplishment. I am also so grateful for this community and hearing stories like yours is a big reason why.
    Cheers!

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

Congrats!