Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it just me or was that RC a doozy

duckf33tduckf33t Alum Member

History/general law especially...just felt like I was spending way more time than usual on my initial read-through.

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

It was indeed. I’m still recovering. Lol

• Zuniga27Zuniga27 Member
    13 karma

Yeah man don't worry. I think most of us took an L on that this RC section.

• macarenaferrmacarenaferr Alum Member
    16 karma

YES it was rough, to say the least.

• dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
    147 karma

I didn't think it was that bad. One was arguing for general laws to be applied, as in the sciences. The other argued against that and for the greater particularity already part of the profession.

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    148 karma

Anything you wish you studied before? Sounds like comparative passages?

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

YES! I was thrown off a little by the first passage because it wasn't an argument. I know that happens but it's rare. And then 2nd passage ended up being a killer.

2186 karma

@bsonnenb said:
    I didn't think it was that bad. One was arguing for general laws to be applied, as in the sciences. The other argued against that and for the greater particularity already part of the profession.

I think I shout've just read it twice. Don't remember Passage A advocating for that. Mustve > @zacharytsmith26 said:

YES! I was thrown off a little by the first passage because it wasn't an argument. I know that happens but it's rare. And then 2nd passage ended up being a killer.
    Yeah thats sorta how I felt about passage A. I thought it was only acknowledging a problem with how something is currently done. Really found it difficult because of how similar the two passages seemed. As though one was just more strongly worded. I dunno.

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    111 karma

Yeah, that passage did me in. I luckily had about 4 mins leftover and was able to go through and more fully understand it--hard to leave the 8 questions associated with that passage on the table.

2186 karma

Dave is predicting a -12 curve. I'm assuming this is mostly due to the difficult RC and one challenging LR section. Fingers crossed he's right. lol

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Kinda glad i sat this one out then. When RC is hard i get completely massacred. Hopefully in September they make RC easy and make LG or LR hard.

• mirapatel314mirapatel314 Alum Member
    7 karma

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! I walked out feeling wrecked by that RC section in particular. I definitely rushed through it a bit just to get an answer down for every question.