Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital LSAT Tester Live (Public Beta)

Comments

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    edited June 2019 433 karma

@"Alan Cheuk"
    Oh i think that might account for a proportion of the cases, I have to click on the first question to get it started off. I'm sure it does happen randomly as well as it has occurred during the middle of the sections as well. Currently I'm trying to Blind Review my PT60 S2 games section and it isn't loading whereas all my other sections do load.

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    edited June 2019 609 karma

@"Alan Cheuk"
    thanks!
    Also, individual Logic game options with timers! And something implementing RC memory method. :)

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma

Blind Review not loading for some sections
    @standardizedcanbelearned @zmy20093238648 @VanishingTaxAct
    We just put out a fix that should solve this problem. Please try accessing the sections that were not loading for you before and let us know if it helps!

@standardizedcanbelearned, we changed your PT42 to be incomplete so you can set your BR answers now.

@zmy20093238648 @VanishingTaxAct please let me know if you need me to change one of our PTs to incomplete so you can BR a section you were previously blocked from accessing.

edited June 2019 3074 karma

Responses start off eliminated
    @VanishingTaxAct

I'm sure it does happen randomly as well as it has occurred during the middle of the sections as well

It is expected to also happen in the middle of sections, at the start of each passage/game. It is also expected to happen if the "Continue game/passage time tracking" button is tapped. I hope this helps, or perhaps you meant to say that it also happens in the middle of passage/game as well?

• joelmpmayjoelmpmay Alum Member
    33 karma

I have taken about 10 PTs on the Digital Tester Beta and for 2 of these tests it has made me Force Refresh and then it fails to reload the test for me unless I delete all of the preptest data. The first time I thankfully had only done one section so I was able to remember my answers and then continue with the test, but the second time (which just happened) I was part-way through the 3rd section, so I couldn't realistically delete the data and re-select all of the answers that I had chosen. This was PT 78. This is bug is really unfortunate given the limited number of PTs that are available. Please try to fix this bug. Thank you.

3074 karma

Fails to reload data
    @joelmpmay
    So sorry for the trouble! We hope we can get this error on our side so we can fix it soon, and we need some more information to figure it out. It looks like that PT is on blind review mode now with answers selected for the third section. Did it start working again, or did you restart to enter answers again? Do you remember what the tester said when it told you to force refresh, and what PT you found the first failure on?

I know that study time is limited, but if you encounter this sort of error again, and are able to let us know instead of deleting the data it would be a huge help in reproducing the problem. And we would likely be able to recover your data so you don't have to manually reenter it.

• WishingOnAStarWishingOnAStar Alum Member
    83 karma

So what's the verdict on how well this digital tester works with the latest iPad Pro?

• lsatwolverinelsatwolverine Member
    25 karma

Using an iPad Pro, once I click submit on a test to show results the page freezes and I am forced to relaunch the app. (Always afraid I'll somehow lose my data). Also, the individual sections piece would be tremendously helpful.

edited July 2019 3074 karma

Show Results freezes on iPad Pro
    @lsatwolverine
    Thank you for letting us know! I think there there is a good chance that you are referring to the bug listed below (that we found while looking into your issue). If it isn't the freezing issue you encountered, please let us know more details about what happened on your side, such as which preptest, and what it looks like on your side when it freezes, so we can investigate further to see what is happening.

Tapping on "Show Results" while in fullscreen mode results in an unscrollable page
    Before, when you were in fullscreen mode and tapped on "Show Results", the results would load, but you wouldn't be able to scroll the page. This is fixed in the latest version. Please force refresh to pick up the update.

• jasminesadejasminesade Alum Member
    249 karma

I just did a section of Prep Test 85 and my data for the first section was not saved. The page did not load and now I don't know what I got right or wrong. This is really frustrating.

• bugvi_00bugvi_00 Alum Member
    25 karma

Is it possible to practise individual sections with the online tester? Or only possible to do the whole test?

First section data not saved
    @jasminesade
    Oh no, that is very frustrating! I know I would definitely be upset if that happened while I was studying, I'm really sorry our tester did that!

We took a look at the database both to see if we could recover your data and to investigate what happened. On the database, it looks like you restarted PT85, completed the first section very quickly since it was fresh in your mind, and completed the second section in a normal amount of time, presumably because you hadn't seen it yet. If that isn't right and you haven't redone the first section, please let us know because the data is there, so we should be able to recover it.

We have been trying to reproduce the issue on our side but unfortunately haven't been able to do so yet. Any more information you could give us about what happened would really help us figure out what happened so we can fix it for the future. Do you remember any details about what was going on when the page did not load, such as an error message, the screen you were on, or what device and app you were using? Did you have to delete your PT to start again, or did the tester not even remember that you had started a test?

edited July 2019 249 karma

Hi Alan, thank you. Yes I redid the section and went through that section quickly hoping that I was inserting the same answer choices. I did receive an error message right after I finished the first section that told me to refresh the page. When I did this the same message kept appearing. It gave me no other option but to blind review and see my results. I did have to delete my PT to start again. I hope you can figure out this problem so it doesn't happen again. Thanks again for your response.

@jasminesade
    Thank you for your reply, and once again I'm sorry that happened to you.

If it happens again, and you are able to wait on finishing the rest test, please let us know and we will investigate through your account. We will likely be able to restore your data, and hopefully figure out the problem.

Do you happen to remember what the error message said, and if the section ended on its own due to time expiring or if you ended it early with by tapping the checkmark in the bottom right?

249 karma

I will let you know if it happens again. Yes, the section ended on its own when the time ran out and then I remember it didn't allow me to press another section to start and just asked me if I want to blind review and check the box if I already blind reviewed to see my score. Then, without me pressing anything, it would change to the screen that said something like: a problem has occurred refresh the page and it was in red so I would press the box to refresh but the same thing kept happening over and over. Then I just decided to see my score and write down my answers for the first section to start all over but the screen just showed my score on the first section and no answer entries.

• Can we take timed sections and only BR that specific section?

• changejudgechangejudge Member
    72 karma

Using the digital tester on an iPad Pro within the 7Sage app, I can't highlight or underline anything within the RC section (LR was fine).

3074 karma

@jasminesade
    Thanks for the additional information! We still couldn't reproduce on our side :(, but based on what you said, we added some more checks that might be helpful :)

Single Sections
    @bugvi_00 @"Positively LSAT Street"
    Sorry, single sections aren't available yet, but will be once our problem set integration is ready for release. We hope to have it ready by the end of the month.

Cannnot highlight RC in 7Sage app on iPad
    @Tobeajudge
    Thank you for letting us know! We tried reproducing it in the app on iPad Pro 11 simulator for PT J07 and highlighting/underlining passages as questions worked on our side. Could you please let us know which PT was causing you difficulty, so we can investigate further? In the meantime, if you haven't tried it already, please try force refresh. It's a longshot, but there's a chance it could solve the issue for you.

• WishingOnAStarWishingOnAStar Alum Member
    83 karma

Is every PT available via the digital tester 7sage offers? If not, what tests ARE currently supported on the digital tester?

3074 karma

Which PTs are available on digital tester
    @WishingOnAStar
    Every PT that your account has access to is available for use on the digital tester. So for Ultimate+, that is every PT. The brand new PT87 is being processed right now and will be available to U+ when it's ready.

• joelmpmayjoelmpmay Alum Member
    33 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:
    Fails to reload data
    @joelmpmay
    So sorry for the trouble! We hope we can get this error on our side so we can fix it soon, and we need some more information to figure it out. It looks like that PT is on blind review mode now with answers selected for the third section. Did it start working again, or did you restart to enter answers again? Do you remember what the tester said when it told you to force refresh, and what PT you found the first failure on?

I know that study time is limited, but if you encounter this sort of error again, and are able to let us know instead of deleting the data it would be a huge help in reproducing the problem. And we would likely be able to recover your data so you don't have to manually reenter it.

Hey Alan, thanks for the reply and I apologize for just getting back to you - for some reason I'm just seeing this. Also I'm sorry if I came off harsh in my first comment - I was just upset at the time about being cut off from the PT. What happened with this PT (78) is I just let it sit on the loading page for about 4-5 minutes and eventually it brought up the 3rd section right back to where it had cut me off, and with the same amount of time left.

As for what the tester said, it just immediately flashed to the "Force Refresh" page without much warning. However, one thing that happened with this test and the previous either 2 to 3 (sorry, can't remember exactly) was that every time I would click the arrow to move onto the next question, it would move to that next question, but the page would scroll down to the beginning of the comments section and I would have to scroll back up. This is no longer an issue up to PT 80 and it was not an issue previously in PTs in the late 60s and up to PT 75/76.

The first instance of the test just quitting on me and having to force refresh I believe was on PT 76, but it might have been PT 77.

Thanks again for all the work that you're doing.

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    edited July 2019 855 karma

Strange question about LG on the digital. I wonder if anyone else could add up the times for their LGs taken on a digital exam? I add up the times and it comes out to be around 30 minutes instead of 35 -- wondering if some of the time just isn't recorded, or if something happened while I was taking the actual exam to took away time? Because I remember for PT 84, I got to the last game and suddenly felt like a chunk of time disappeared (though that could just be me because that game had me stumped for a bit). I added up the times for PT 82, and it came out to 29 minutes, which was odd.

**Edit -- just realized you can hover over and see the actual full time you used on a game including setup and however else it's calculated! Nevermind!

3074 karma

Fails to reload data
    @joelmpmay
    No worries, I remember how stressful studying for the LSAT was, and can totally understand why being cut off during a PT would be upsetting! Thank you for the additional information, it was quite helpful. We found something odd with the servers at that time which could explain the long delay. Unfortunately most of the logs from that time have expired, but if something like that happens again we will have a much better idea of where to look. It sounds like this hasn't happened to you again since, is that right?

Scroll when tapping on arrows to change questions would scroll screen during a period in the past
    @joelmpmay
    I think this was probably due to two changes that we made in the past month. About 3 weeks ago we added a feature to scroll the bottom bar to show the current question if it is not visible. This had the annoying side effect of also scrolling the entire window. About 2 weeks ago we fixed this feature so that it would only scroll the bottom bar, and not the whole window. The period in between is probably where you encountered the problem with arrow buttons scrolling the screen. Sorry!

• Vicky180Vicky180 Alum Member
    39 karma

I actually don't like the digital test taker, is there a way to ask them that you would prefer the paper format? I find I am much slower with the digital, it will effect my total score for sure...

• I have not yet taken a digital PT but i have a question. After we're finished with the PT we have the option to blind review right? So after the blind review, how can I add the new answers after my Blind Review into the Analytics and see the score difference?

3074 karma

@"Positively LSAT Street" said:
    I have not yet taken a digital PT but i have a question. After we're finished with the PT we have the option to blind review right? So after the blind review, how can I add the new answers after my Blind Review into the Analytics and see the score difference?

Yes, after you finish the PT you get the option to blind review, and you do it in the tester. Once you are done, there is no need to enter your BR answers, they are already in the system.

In other words, after you finish a PT, you can go back to any section by clicking a "Blind Review" button next to that section. Then the digital tester will open that session. It will look very close to how you left that section, it will show the answers you selected, the questions you flagged, and your highlights. But there will be no time limit. Once you finish all your BR, then you click on "Show Results" and it will show you your data, incorporating both your answers and your BR.

3074 karma

@Vicky180 said:
    I actually don't like the digital test taker, is there a way to ask them that you would prefer the paper format? I find I am much slower with the digital, it will effect my total score for sure...

Sorry, as far as I am aware, LSAC does not allow test takers to select which format they would like.

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

I feel silly but I can't figure out how to get into the digital tester to do a PT. 😬😬 #help

• Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
    edited July 2019 203 karma

Hey Alan, is there by chance a way you could change the highlighting/underlining mechanism to simply highlight/underline the entire word upon touching it and not the individual letters of the text? It’s becoming pretty frustrating when only half the word gets highlighted and I have to try highlighting the text again and using up precious seconds.

Aside from the LSAC’s program itself, TestMasters’ (ew) program is also designed that way, so I take it it’s possible to do.

Apologies if this has already been asked. The other comments are difficult to wade through at this volume. Thank you for working so hard!

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

@Katastic said:
    I feel silly but I can't figure out how to get into the digital tester to do a PT. 😬😬 #help

When you're ready to take a PrepTest, click on "Blind Review, Score and Review" for the PrepTest you want to take:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/fwckUjTCXrRYlDY9Bx/giphy.gif

Note that you'll only have access to the PrepTests included in your course. Free users have access to the June 2007 PrepTest only.

Alternatively, you can also go to Analytics. Then, select the PrepTest you'd like to take and you will see an option to take the PrepTest digitally, like this:
    https://media.giphy.com/media/LRHsfGjAooamlIUK0v/giphy.gif

• 70 karma

Hi JY, I just want to report a problem I came across for the last few days, I originally want to take preptest 19 today, and I clicked on it, then I started doing it, only after one section did I realize that it was preptest 68, on the interface page, this is the second time I came across this problem. The first time I also clicked on a 10+th preptest, and I ended up doing preptest 82. It seems like there is a problem in the digital tester system. The tester leads you to the different test you want.

@zmy20093238648 said:
    Hi JY, I just want to report a problem I came across for the last few days, I originally want to take preptest 19 today, and I clicked on it, then I started doing it, only after one section did I realize that it was preptest 68, on the interface page, this is the second time I came across this problem. The first time I also clicked on a 10+th preptest, and I ended up doing preptest 82. It seems like there is a problem in the digital tester system. The tester leads you to the different test you want.

Thank you for letting us know! Could you please let us know what device/browser you were using? We couldn't reproduce the issue on Mac Chrome.

In the meantime, we added the the PT name to the digital tester button so that you get a chance to double check the name before starting the PT:
    https://imgur.com/ONT2ECh

• lsatwolverinelsatwolverine Member
    25 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:
    Show Results freezes on iPad Pro
    @lsatwolverine
    Thank you for letting us know! I think there there is a good chance that you are referring to the bug listed below (that we found while looking into your issue). If it isn't the freezing issue you encountered, please let us know more details about what happened on your side, such as which preptest, and what it looks like on your side when it freezes, so we can investigate further to see what is happening.

Tapping on "Show Results" while in fullscreen mode results in an unscrollable page
    Before, when you were in fullscreen mode and tapped on "Show Results", the results would load, but you wouldn't be able to scroll the page. This is fixed in the latest version. Please force refresh to pick up the update.

Thanks so much!

• 70 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:

@zmy20093238648 said:

Thank you for letting us know! Could you please let us know what device/browser you were using? We couldn't reproduce the issue on Mac Chrome.

In the meantime, we added the the PT name to the digital tester button so that you get a chance to double check the name before starting the PT:
    https://imgur.com/ONT2ECh

Hi JY, I am doing the digital test using a standard Surface Go on a chrome.

3074 karma

@Like_Spike said:
    Hey Alan, is there by chance a way you could change the highlighting/underlining mechanism to simply highlight/underline the entire word upon touching it and not the individual letters of the text?

Sure thing! The latest update has has this in place. Please Force Refresh to try it out and let us know if it helps or not.

• Woodsy_567Woodsy_567 Member
    257 karma

Is it possible to add experimental sections to a digital practice test?

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

It would be really helpful to have a video of a high scorer taking a digital test (similar to the bird’s eye videos of 7sagers taking the paper test) @"JYP JYP"

• Mariposadebarrio17Mariposadebarrio17 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 39 karma

Has anyone had issues with one section of an exam glitching to where the answers appear to be moving from left to right? I experienced this during a PT on Sunday, the first RC section was fine but when I moved on to the second section of LR the first three questions were glitching. Unfortunately I couldn't continue to take the practice exam like that. Was using safari on MacBook. PT #62.

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    404 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" thank you SO MUCH and the team for all your efforts on the 7sage digital tester! In many respects, it was "better" than the actual thing, and I wish you guys would have been the ones to develop the actual tester :) I would definitely choose the 7sage tester over the LSAC one!

I have a couple of suggestions based on my experience with the digital test today.

1. I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up already, but my highlight colors are really saturated (using iPad latest gen, not pro, 10 inch)... the red is like a deep magenta. I hadn't been using it during my practice because it's difficult to read the highlighted text. However, on the real test, the red turned out to be a very light pink, and I ended up using it a lot. Is it possible to adjust the red highlighter color on the 7sage tester?

2. On the real test, when I started the section, it first shows me the instructions. I have to click "next" to go to the questions. However, time starts ticking on the instruction screen, which I didn't immediately realize on the first section. It'd be great to have this integrated (as annoying as it is) since it's a feature that impacts time.

3. At the 5 minute countdown, I got a pop-up box saying I have 5 minutes left and I had to click "ok" or something to close that box. It was definitely alarming and unsettling, and something I would really really appreciate the opportunity to adjust to.

4. In the real tester, the question tracker fit all of the questions at the bottom without any scrolling. However, in the 7sage tracker (on my iPad), the tracker only really fit like 23 questions? So for LR and RC when I'm just glancing at the bottom it skews my perception of how many questions I actually have left.

Thank you thank you!!!

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 437 karma

I’m only drilling one section at a time right now while using the digital tester. Is there a way to see my incorrect/correct answers after I’ve only completed one section? Or do I have to complete the entire exam in order to see the answers? Also how do I go back to the section I just completed? It just says completed next to it but doesn’t allow me to reopen...

3074 karma

@fycw2068 said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" thank you SO MUCH and the team for all your efforts on the 7sage digital tester! In many respects, it was "better" than the actual thing, and I wish you guys would have been the ones to develop the actual tester :) I would definitely choose the 7sage tester over the LSAC one!

Thank you for your kind words, really put a smile on my face today!

@fycw2068 said:
    1. I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up already, but my highlight colors are really saturated (using iPad latest gen, not pro, 10 inch)... the red is like a deep magenta.

Thanks for pointing that out! We adjusted the highlighter colors accordingly. (Force refresh to get update)

@fycw2068 said:
    2. On the real test, when I started the section, it first shows me the instructions. I have to click "next" to go to the questions. However, time starts ticking on the instruction screen, which I didn't immediately realize on the first section. It'd be great to have this integrated (as annoying as it is) since it's a feature that impacts time.

Great idea! We made it default to start off with the directions/instructions screen. (Force refresh to get update)

@fycw2068 said:
    3. At the 5 minute countdown, I got a pop-up box saying I have 5 minutes left and I had to click "ok" or something to close that box. It was definitely alarming and unsettling, and something I would really really appreciate the opportunity to adjust to.

Thanks! We added the annoying message :) (Force refresh to get update)

@fycw2068 said:
    4. In the real tester, the question tracker fit all of the questions at the bottom without any scrolling. However, in the 7sage tracker (on my iPad), the tracker only really fit like 23 questions? So for LR and RC when I'm just glancing at the bottom it skews my perception of how many questions I actually have left.

I believe that was because you were on the "Fluid" view. The fluid view adjusts the layout to match your device's screen size. "Fixed" size makes sure that the layout is fixed and zooms in/out to fit your screen. If you use Fixed, there should be enough room to fit all the questions regardless of what device you use.

190 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" y'all are on it. Thank you for your dedication to this community.

• Woodsy_567Woodsy_567 Member
    257 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" Is it possible to add an experimental section to a digital practice test? Thank you.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

Wow! @"Alan Cheuk" and team - I just took my first PT since the feedback started coming in from the folks who took the LSAT a few days ago,and I'm impressed that changes have already been made to make the tester even more like the real thing! Thanks for your dedication. I know it will make a huge impact on test day for anxious folks like me!

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

@Aws_72199 said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" Is it possible to add an experimental section to a digital practice test? Thank you.

It's not a perfect fix, but I've been doing a paper section as my Section 1 before beginning the digital PT (I did the same thing when the whole PT was on paper).

I get the digital tester all set to go, then I start my paper test using the 7Sage proctor. When that section is over, I click "start" on my digital test to jump right in and I take my break after the third total section (so official Section 2 in the digital tester)

I like doing the experimental first because then for the scored sections I'm at my most fatigued, so I feel like I get the most conservative score estimate. I know some people like the unpredictability of the random experimental section, though!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited July 2019 2689 karma

I was surprised how close you were able to get this tester to the real thing! Well done. There were a few differences, mentioned earlier by other posters (the instructions being part of the time, etc). That 5 minute pop up really was pretty disturbing on the real thing. LoL

190 karma

@aisling said:

@Aws_72199 said:

It's not a perfect fix, but I've been doing a paper section as my Section 1 before beginning the digital PT (I did the same thing when the whole PT was on paper).

I get the digital tester all set to go, then I start my paper test using the 7Sage proctor. When that section is over, I click "start" on my digital test to jump right in and I take my break after the third total section (so official Section 2 in the digital tester)

I like doing the experimental first because then for the scored sections I'm at my most fatigued, so I feel like I get the most conservative score estimate. I know some people like the unpredictability of the random experimental section, though!

Brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

• DTLA NickDTLA Nick Member
    28 karma

Are we only allowed to highlight/underline the stimulus and answer choices or can we also annotate? I am using an iPad and Apple Pencil.

3074 karma

@"DTLA Nick" said:
    Are we only allowed to highlight/underline the stimulus and answer choices or can we also annotate? I am using an iPad and Apple Pencil.

Nope, you cannot digitally write onto the real LSAT test or on our digital tester, if that is what you mean. Changes are limited to highlighting and under longing as you mentioned.

190 karma

@aisling said:

@Aws_72199 said:

@hhhakobian ^^

This discussion has been closed.