Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on Retaking

ariinchargeariincharge Alum Member
in General 83 karma

Hi guys, I took July 2019 yesterday and didn't feel as though it went too well. I think ill be writing October and I wanted to get advice on whether I should restudy certain topics, try to relearn everything but more concretely then drill and do PTs, or just do PrepTests and review them thoroughly. I have approx. 3 months. Let me know your thoughts or feel free to pm me with any experiences similar to mine.

Thank you guys!!!

Comments

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

Probably people will need more information to be able to assess things. Where are you scoring now on PTs, what's your breakdown per section, etc.?

• ariinchargeariincharge Alum Member
    83 karma

usually test in high 150s to low 160s with a few 165s. I usually go --5 or -6 in LR, --5 games and -7 or -8 RC. I think I don't completely have a solid grasp on all the LR question types (e.g., how to approach and discern wrong from right when im down to two choices) and I struggle with grouping games. RC I can speed read and often find myself reading too long and struggling between two answer choices.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I would full proof games. Then I would drill LR question types using 7sage test bank. As far as RC, I would not speed read, I would try to read for as much comprehension as possible. Maybe try some untimed practice where you just read a passage until you feel like your understanding of the passage is perfect then go through the questions. Try to get nothing wrong since you aren't timing yourself. When you consistently go -0/-1 per passage I would put a time cap. Maybe start at 13min per passage and gradually bring that down while trying to maintain accuraccy.