Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Folks who took the July LSAT!

CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
edited July 2019 in July 2019 LSAT 148 karma

What do you wish you had done to prepare in hindsight?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Since some people take the test several days later, it’s not really fair for us to answer this question yet

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    edited July 2019 849 karma

I took the test in June and then again in July. The most important thing is, It is important not to panic when something goes wrong or it doesn't come to you. In June, I did this during logic games and I missed 6, when I was a -0 to -2 scorer. This time around in July, unless I made an over confidence error, I am pretty sure I got them all right, and I skipped two questions in logic games because it just wasn't clicking then came back and the saw it clearly. In June there was a science passage that I just didn't get and I allowed it to mess up the rest of the section. This time in July, we had another difficult passage that may or may not have keep from 170 BUT I feel good that I quickly put it out of my mind and recovered for the other passages.

Also, I wished I had brushed up more on translating words to formal logic.

• maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma

I saw this exact same question today on reddit from a user who in previous weeks on reddit had commented that they were stressed about taking the July exam. Thus, I agree with @MissChanandler, since some test takers are taking it next Saturday, I do not this this type of questioning is fair to those whom have taken it already.

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    edited July 2019 148 karma

Didn't intend for people to give away anything protected! Thanks for you point everyone. Folks should feel free to wait until (next week?) to answer.

I'm mostly looking to see if folks felt the test format has changed a lot in recent tests and what pre testing rituals folks engage in (ie LG set before)

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Always, always, always take 30 seconds and double check that you got the rules right in LG. I didn't on a game and in my rush, I misread something. Slow down a little; it'll save you in the long run.