Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Love with the Digital

lsatjourneylsatjourney Member
edited July 2019 in July 2019 LSAT 207 karma

So today I took the July 2019 LSAT and was hoping to have my final romance with the paper test but its literally out with the old, in with the new.

This was not my first time taking it digital, I have taken the testing version couple years back. And compared to the one they were testing, this was definitely an improvement. What did I love about it? https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11165

1- It was very smooth, and saved so much time because you can flag a question, eliminate it on the right side or highlight.
2- Easy to navigate from one question to another. You are on track on time because of built in timer, so bye bye all those LSAT watch industry.
3- The tablet was very responsive and you had underline, and three highlight choices which made RC so much more colorful and fun. I was able to highlight AO in one color Critic in another and it honestly isn't time consuming at all.
4- You have option to adjust the color, font, and the angle of the tablet (surface) as you like.
5- Scratch paper available for all sections, I remember when they were doing tests they only gave it for Games.
6- I had a fantastic time and honestly I am excited to retake it. (I took this one just for fun, since I can wipe out the score completely, July perks only)

So honestly guys, you are going to love it and don't be afraid of it at all! Here is my original review of it if you want more details. https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/11165

What did you think of the Digital?
  1. What did you think of the Digital?42 votes
    1. Loved it!
      59.52%
    2. Bring those paper back!
      40.48%

Comments

• fycw2068fycw2068 Alum Member
    404 karma

I took the digital today as well and mostly liked it! I'm excited about the transition and agree with you more pros than cons compared to the paper version.

However, my tablet was noticeably lacking in responsiveness when it came to highlighting; whether I did it with my finger or stylus. I would say I had maybe a 50% success rate in things highlighting the way I wanted them to. Did you have any issues highlighting?

• KlaraHenryKlaraHenry Alum Member
    57 karma

I had a horrible experience with digital so i’m glad it’s not like that for everyone. The stylus was alternatively too sensitive and would click on areas that I hadn’t even selected, or wouldn’t respond to pressure and not select answers. A lot of time was wasted for me clicking and reclicking ACs because the stylus (and my finger) didn’t register immediately on the tablet. A lot of people in my testing center had the same issue. We also didn’t all receive a stylus, nor fully charged tablets. It was kind of a disaster and really really stressful. I wish I had had paper

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

How many pages of scratch paper for all the sections?

• MichaelTXMichaelTX Alum Member
    103 karma

@"Richard N" said:
    How many pages of scratch paper for all the sections?

I believe it was a booklet of approximately 6 pages. Perhaps someone here had the foresight to count them. I know it was more than enough for me.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited July 2019 2689 karma

@lsatjourney said:

3- The tablet was very responsive and you had underline, and three highlight choices which made RC so much more colorful and fun. I was able to highlight AO in one color Critic in another and it honestly isn't time consuming at all.

Not just RC. I used the highlighter function in my LR sections! You could also highlight things in the question stem like "weakens" or "strengthens EXCEPT" to keep your focus.

• Rule No 8Rule No 8 Alum Member
    141 karma

Was the proctoring any different for the digital version?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@"Rule No 8" said:
    Was the proctoring any different for the digital version?

Sort of. There was less for them to do. There really were no forms or anything to fill out like before (bubbling in your name, test booklet #, etc). You just had to write a sentence on your ticket and put your name on your scratch booklet, answer a few basic questions on the tablet, and then you wait till the first section starts. Handing things in was just like with the paper booklets, only they scan it in. You go and sit back down till everyone is done, and then you're released.
    Maybe a bit more confusion on what to say, since it was all new. They didn't immediately tell us about the height of the tablets, for example, until some folks had theirs propped up. But the "read the directions and begin" was the same. Time starts when the directions pop up. They also did not give us any verbal 5 minute warnings. There was a big black popup that told you the 5 minute mark that you had to click on, so there was no need for a verbal warning. But a lot of it felt the same. Just less for them to explain since it's all on the tablet.

• savanyu.emmasavanyu.emma Member
    34 karma

@KlaraHenry said:
    I had a horrible experience with digital so i’m glad it’s not like that for everyone. The stylus was alternatively too sensitive and would click on areas that I hadn’t even selected, or wouldn’t respond to pressure and not select answers. A lot of time was wasted for me clicking and reclicking ACs because the stylus (and my finger) didn’t register immediately on the tablet. A lot of people in my testing center had the same issue. We also didn’t all receive a stylus, nor fully charged tablets. It was kind of a disaster and really really stressful. I wish I had had paper

Oh god.. this is my worst nightmare! I am so sorry that it was this stressful. I would really recommend submitted a complaint to LSAC so that they are made aware of how awful these issues are!