Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Public Service Addendum??

Hi everyone,

I am finishing up my application for my 1st choice school. Please keep in my mind, my 1st choice school is really the only option I am considering due to the location, owning a home, my significant other's career, etc. Also, it is not a top school by any means and I am well above their top GPA and predict I will be above their top LSAT. However, I am trying to put together the best application package I can because without scholarships, it would not be financially reasonably for me to quit my career and attend. All of that being said, there is a "public service addendum" option to complete. I have been a police officer for 5 years and that is my current career. Should I list my accomplishments in public service as a police officer or is this referring to public service in a volunteer compacity? I appreciate any guidance anyone can offer.

Thank you!!

Amanda C.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It sounds like you should put your work experience as a police officer, but if the prompt is too vague you could always call/email the admissions office to clarify.

• AmandaC07AmandaC07 Member
    16 karma

Thanks! I think you’re probably right. I don’t want to assume it means one thing when it really means something else entirely. I’ll probably give the Admissions office a call today or tomorrow. Thanks for your quick input!

• Amanda C.