Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The last few months before the June LSAT ...

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in June 2015 LSAT 3462 karma
How will you change your prep in the month of April?
What are your goals for this month?
How many prep tests will you take per week?
What section is still giving you problems? And HOW do you plan to improve in that section?

Comments

• christine_joh89christine_joh89 Alum Member
    25 karma
    I have a full-time job commitment, so my journey of prepping for the LSAT hasn't been easy, but I plan on taking at least 2 June PTs per week starting April (1 during middle of the week, and the other at the end of the week), as it is apparent that I will not be able to take ALL the prep tests... This will allow me to take at least 18 PTs. The June 2015 test is my retake btw. I am still trying to finish up with the course and haven't been able to start the LG Bundle. I will split up my week between PT'ing and working on the the LG Bundle. Best of luck to everyone!!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @christine_joh89 good luck! spend all of the time you need on the LG bundle. It will truly help your score at the end.
  • christine_joh89christine_joh89 Alum Member
    25 karma
    @emli1000 thank you! :)
  • JustinaJJustinaJ Alum Member
    223 karma
    - Finishing up the course and start PTing and BR BR BR BR BR BR!

- to break through on LR!
    - to BR until my eyes pop out! LOL

- Towards the end of April 2/3

What section is still giving you problems? And HOW do you plan to improve in that section?
    LR is probably still my worst section. I am hoping after finishing the course it will have gotten better. I have learned SOOOOOO much from the course. I am so happy about that! I plan on improving by taking a PT and BR every single word if I have to in order to understand why something was right and why everything else was seriously wrong :)
  • sdiaz2030sdiaz2030 Alum Member
    28 karma
    Taking 10-12 preptests in April and hoping to increase my avg. about three points over the preptests I took in March.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    While I'm toying with the idea of taking in October, the plan is to keep going on current schedule "as if" I were taking in June, and then if I do end up postponing, to do more of that "go through a PT and write out why every AC is right/wrong" thing and supplemental work. I am suspecting that I need more time to marinate in skills and concepts.

With that said, goals remain largely the same.

—How will you change your prep in the month of April?
    Do all the 7sage, and add Manhattan LR/RC.

—What are your goals for this month?
    7sage, cycle in Manhattan LR/RC materials.

—How many prep tests will you take per week?
    At least 2 PT's a week (one fresh and one retake, and possibly an additional very early test); I'll decide mid-May if I will postpone and at that point will still have at least 64-74 reserved (and will take those in August/September).

—What section is still giving you problems? And HOW do you plan to improve in that section?
    LR. 7sage and Manhattan. I haven't gone deep enough in a few concepts (considerable variation occurs not due to time pressure=weakness in concepts). And RC ... probably just need to read more generally. This would also be accommodated by the postponement, so we'll see.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 3545 karma
    -- How will you change your prep in the month of April?
    Up the PT cycle, meaning PT every other day with review/drilling in between

-- What are your goals for this month?
    Start consistently PTing in the 173-175 range

-- How many prep tests will you take per week?

-- What section is still giving you problems? And HOW do you plan to improve in that section?
    LG: Get down timing for easy grouping and ordering games to under 5:00 minutes to leave room for any weird game that might appear later; use 7sage fool proof method to perfect games I miss
    LR: Drill question types that I miss to ensure consistency in LR
    RC: Detailed passage analysis reviews to reduce fluctuations in score; develop the reading analysis skills to improve my speed so that I can answer easier passages within 5-6 minutes
  • VendettaVendetta Alum Member
    6 karma

Just finished the course so I'm doing practice tests and getting a feel for what I need to drill. Start every day by doing 4 logic games to get in the right mindset.

Get a 180 on a PT. I got a 173 on my first PT today and 176 on the BR. The best part is that I can see where I can improve. I think this is a reasonable, albeit very ambitious goal.

4. One on Monday, one on Tuesday or Wednesday, and 2 stacked on Thursdays for endurance purposes.

LG speed and flaw questions. The only way I know to improve flaw questions is drilling and reviewing. I've also started typing up questions I get wrong so I can try to see it from the writer's perspective. Finding inferences faster on LG should come with more experience