Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Tutoring Sessions: Reading Comprehension; March 9th, 6 pm EST

SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited March 2020 in Study Groups 10774 karma

To join this class, please use the zoom link posted below.

Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/6968325413

March 9th, 6 pm EST

PT 52: RC Intensive (Continued)
In this session we continue will work on our Reading Comprehension Strategies. Please do not do the section before class. We will try to implement some of the timing strategy that we have talked about. Please have a clean copy of the RC section available to you when you join the session.

Free Tutoring Sessions 

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone. 
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/605981453 

You can also dial in using your phone. 
United States: +1 (872) 240-3311 

Access Code: 605-981-453 

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system? 
Depending on your device, dial: 
605981453@67.217.95.2 or 67.217.95.2##605981453 

New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: 
https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/605981453 

Past Sessions:
July 27th
Office hours
I would be happy to answer any questions. Feel free to bring questions about study schedule, time management, blind review etc.

August 3rd
Necessary Assumption Intensive
In this session I want to delve into the strategy of how to handle necessary assumption questions. We will be doing questions together to get some guided practice.

August 4th
Blind review PT 80 section 1 LR.
To prepare for this session, please have a clean copy of the PT with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

August 13th, 6 pm EST
Conditional Logic Intensive
In this session will go over strategies that you can use to tackle questions that are conditional logic heavy. We will be using conditional heavy question types like Must Be True and Sufficient Assumptions to get some practice.

August 14th, 6 pm EST
Blind Review PT 80, RC
We will be reviewing PT 80 RC section together. I will go over RC section form and strategies that can help you read and answer questions more efficiently.

August 17th, 6 pm EST
Strengthening and Weakening Questions

August 18th, 6 pm EST
Reading Comprehension
In this session we will continue working on our strategies for Reading Comprehension. We will be using a passage from PT 36.

August 24th, 6 pm EST
Logic Game Form and Splitting
@"Cant Get Right" will be joining us for this session. We will introduce Logic Game Form and talk about our strategies for splitting.

August 25th, 6 pm EST
@"Cant Get Right" and I will be going over the PT 31, game 2.

August 31st, 6 pm EST
Office Hours
I would be happy to answer any questions. Please feel free to bring questions about study schedule, time management, blind review etc.

September 1st, 6 pm EST
Flaw Questions
In this session we will continue our practice of LR question types by focusing on flaw questions.

September 7th, 6 pm EST
PT 38 LR Section 1
To prepare for this session, please take the LR section before class and have a clean copy the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

September 8th, 6 pm EST
PT 38 LR Section 1
We will continue our session of the LR section from previous day.

September 21st, 6 pm EST
Office Hours
Please bring any general or specific LSAT questions to this session. This includes questions about creating a study schedule or asking for help in understanding a particular logical reasoning question from any PT. I would also be happy to talk about post test day anxiety.

September 22nd, 6 pm EST
Necessary Assumption
Back because of popular demand! In this session I will revisit the strategy for necessary assumption questions. We will be doing questions together to get some guided practice.

September 28th, 6 pm EST
PT 65 LR Section 1(Blind Review)
To prepare for this session, please take the LR section before class and have a clean copy the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

September 29th, 6 pm EST
PT 65 RC Section (Blind Review)
To prepare for this session, please take the RC section before class and have a clean copy the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

October 5th, 6 pm EST
PT 65 RC Section Comparative Passage (Blind Review)
To prepare for this session, please take the RC section before class and have a clean copy the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

October 6th, 6 pm EST
PT 65 LR Section 4 (Blind Review)

October 12th, 6 pm EST
Office Hours with Sami
Please bring any general or specific LSAT questions to this session. This includes questions about creating a study schedule or asking for help in understanding a particular logical reasoning question from any PT. I have also done a lot of school visits at this point, and I would be happy to talk about it.

October 13th, 6 pm EST
Can't Get Right: Josh Aldy
Can't Get Right, 1L at Northwestern, has agreed to come and talk about his experience at law school. Please feel free to bring any questions to the session.

November 2nd, 9 pm EST
PT 38: RC Intensive
In this session we will work on our Reading Comprehension Strategies. No prior preparation is needed for this session. Together we will go over the first or second passage from PT 38.

November 3rd, 7 pm EST
PT 39: RC Intensive (Continues)
In this session we will continue working on our Reading Comprehension Strategies from the day before. We will go over the third or fourth RC passage from PT 38.

November 10th, 7-10 pm EST
Section Strategy
In this session we will explain section strategy for LR and, if time permits, RC. At the end we will answer any questions you may have about strategy.

November 16th, 7-9 pm EST
PT 40: RC Intensive
In this session we will work on our Reading Comprehension Strategies. Please do not do the section before class. We will try to implement some of the timing strategy that we have talked about. Please have a clean copy of the RC section available to you when you join the session.

November 17th, 7-9 pm EST
PT 40: RC Intensive (Continues)
In this session we will continue working on our Reading Comprehension Strategies. Please do not do the section before class. We will try to implement some of the timing strategy that we have talked about. Please have a clean copy of the RC section available to you when you join the session.

November 23rd, 7-9 pm EST
Pep Rally for November LSAT test takers and Office Hours
We will talk about some of the test day mindset and test day schedule. Please come to the session if you would like to cheer on the November LSAT test takers or ask other questions about LSAT prep in general.

November 24th, 7-9 pm EST
PT 40 LR Section 1
To prepare for this session, please take the LR section before class and have a clean copy of the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

December 8th, 6 pm EST
Office Hours
Please come to the session if you want to ask any questions about LSAT prep, general or specific, or if you just want to chat with me about anything! We can do whatever you want!

December 14th, 6 pm EST
PT 40 LR Section 2
To prepare for this session, please take the LR section before class and have a clean copy of the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

December 15th, 6 pm EST
PT 40 LR Section 2 (Blind Review Continues)
In this session we will continue working on the LR section from the day before. To prepare for this session, please take the LR section before class and have a clean copy of the section with you. In addition, if you took the test digitally, please bring the timing breakdown of the section. We will be using this data to discuss about efficient test taking strategies.

December 21st, 6 pm EST
PT 37: RC Intensive
In this session we will work on our Reading Comprehension Strategies. Please do not do the section before class. We will try to implement some of the timing strategy that we have talked about. Please have a clean copy of the RC section available to you when you join the session.

December 22nd, 6 pm EST
PT 37: RC Intensive (Continues)
In this session we will continue working on our Reading Comprehension Strategies. Please do not do the section before class. We will try to implement some of the timing strategy that we have talked about. Please have a clean copy of the RC section available to you when you join the session.

December 28th, 6 pm EST
Office Hours
Please come to the session if you want to ask any questions about LSAT prep, general or specific, or if you just want to chat with me about anything! We can do whatever you want!

December 29th, 6 pm EST
PT 37: RC Intensive (other two passages)
In this session we will continue working on our Reading Comprehension Strategies from last week. Please do not do the section before class. We will try to implement some of the timing strategy that we have talked about. Please have a clean copy of the RC section available to you when you join the session.

January 12th, 6 pm EST
AMA with @"Cant Get Right" (Josh Aldy)
Please feel free to bring any questions to the session.

January 18th, 6 pm EST
Logic Games
In this session we will work on Logic Games from PT 37. Please do not do the section before the class.

January 19th, 6 pm EST
Logic Games
In this session we will continue to work on Logic Games from PT 37. Again, please do not do the games before the class.

January 25th, 6 pm EST
Logic Games
In this session we will work on Logic Games from PT 57. Please do not do the section before the class. Guest tutor: Josh Aldy

January 26th, 6 pm EST
Logic Games
In this session we will continue to work on Logic Games from PT 57. Again, please do not do the games before the class.

February 1st, 6 pm EST
Reading Comprehension
In this session we will work on passages from PT 57. Please do not do the passages before class.

February 2nd, 6 pm EST
Reading Comprehension
In this session we will continue to work on the passages from PT 57.

February 23rd, 6 pm EST
Reading Comprehension
In this session we will continue working on passages from PT 57. Please do not do the passages before class.

March 4th, 6 pm EST
PT 52: RC Intensive

Comments

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

Wow, thanks!

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

Sami, you are amazing!!

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Thank you!! :)

• Prudenter DiscerePrudenter Discere Alum Member
    234 karma

Thank you Sami, I am interested

• nicksoriano74nicksoriano74 Member
    9 karma

!!!

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    264 karma

Thanks a lot!!

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    807 karma

THANK YOU SAMI!

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

So nice! Hope this is still going on when I get back on the study bandwagon on Sept. 1.

• 362 karma

Thank you!!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

These are going to be phenomenal. I met @Sami in my study group back when I was still working my way up and when she was just starting at 7Sage. The first session she joined, I remember telling her not to take any more PT’s because she wasn’t ready to be testing 😂😂Things sure have changed! I’ve worked with her for a long time now, and these sessions are going to be great resources from someone who understands—and overcame—the struggle.

• lulululu Alum Member
    91 karma

Thanks!!!!!

• H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    318 karma

Thank you!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Thanks for doing this.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Thank you so much for doing this!! Super grateful!!

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

Thanks, @Sami! These are on my calendar!

For the BR sessions, should we do our own personal BR first after taking the PT, or would it be more beneficial to hold off until we do it as a group?

• April LiApril Li Core Member
    65 karma

Wooow! This is fantastic! Thank you Sami!

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

Amazing, thank you.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

This is really incredibly generous, thank you so much!

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

Thanks you, @Sami!

• Positive-1Positive-1 Live Member
    984 karma

Thanks Sami. 😘😘😘

• Tzvi___HTzvi___H Alum Member
    204 karma

Looking forward

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Thank you everyone. I am happy to give back to this community. I wouldn't have made it as far I did without all the help that I received. <3

edited July 2019 10774 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    These are going to be phenomenal. I met @Sami in my study group back when I was still working my way up and when she was just starting at 7Sage. The first session she joined, I remember telling her not to take any more PT’s because she wasn’t ready to be testing 😂😂Things sure have changed! I’ve worked with her for a long time now, and these sessions are going to be great resources from someone who understands—and overcame—the struggle.

You have an excellent memory! It was the first time I learned about fool-proofing games! :sweat_smile:

@aisling said:
    Thanks, @Sami! These are on my calendar!

For the BR sessions, should we do our own personal BR first after taking the PT, or would it be more beneficial to hold off until we do it as a group?

Feel free to blind review the section :).

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

This is awesome. Thank you Sami! We're so lucky!

10774 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    This is awesome. Thank you Sami! We're so lucky!

Thank you so much J.Y. I owe so much to you and this wonderful community that you created. I could never begin to pay back what I got from 7sage.

• LSATJediLSATJedi Alum Member
    87 karma

Thank you, Sami. I was fortunate to do some sessions with you, so I know we can all learn a lot from your deep knowledge of the LSAT. Looking forward!

• 109 karma

You're amazing :)

• Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
    161 karma

OMG this is awesome!

• sophiab27sophiab27 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Wow! Thank you!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

Thank you, Sami! What time is it for first session on July 27?:)

• PrincessPrincess Alum Member
    821 karma

Thank you so much!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    edited July 2019 691 karma

Sorry, Sami. I just saw the time of sessions. Thank you so much! It's awesome!

• marco.delgmarco.delg Alum Member
    44 karma

Thank you so much!

• 109 karma

@Sami will this be recorded by any chance?

10774 karma

@Perseverance47 said:
    @Sami will this be recorded by any chance?

Hey! It will not be recorded :(.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    839 karma

Thanks a lot @Sami !

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited July 2019 6866 karma

These are going to be great! Sami is wonderful. Can I come learn too???

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Did anyone try calling in but get a number is inactive message? I totally understand that these things happen sometimes and just wanted to let you know about this, but definitely no worries. Looking forward to more meetings in the future.

10774 karma

@"Jonathan Wang" said:
    These are going to be great! Sami is wonderful. Can I come learn too???

Nobody will want me to talk if you are there. :joy: I would love for you to be there. Feel free to pop in anytime <3 <3

• d__villad__villa Alum Member
    98 karma

So kind of you! Thank you!

edited July 2019 10774 karma

Hey Everyone,

For the upcoming necessary assumption intensive, we will be using PT 36-39. Please have a clean copy of these practices tests or access to them at the start of the session. They are available to anyone with at least a starter pack. I will also be using the free June 2007 test, and would be able to show this test on the screen. I hope everyone is having a good week. I will see you all soon!

• JPL.2017JPL.2017 Alum Member
    32 karma

I’ll be there too. Thanks Sami!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Hi Sami, Thank you for holding these! I missed the first one but planning on attending future sessions. I am planning to take practice test 80 digitally. My question is do I just complete the test and not the blind review portion ( and it see the score) or do I do my own blind review first?

10774 karma

@FindingSage said:
    Hi Sami, Thank you for holding these! I missed the first one but planning on attending future sessions. I am planning to take practice test 80 digitally. My question is do I just complete the test and not the blind review portion ( and it see the score) or do I do my own blind review first?

Feel free to blind review. But try not seeing the score. :)

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

@Sami said:
    Hey Everyone,

For the upcoming necessary assumption intensive, we will be using PT 35-39. Please have a clean copy of these practices tests or access to them at the start of the session. They are available to anyone with at least a starter pack. I will also be using the free June 2007 test, and would be able to show this test on the screen.

I have Starter and the PTs start with PT 36, unless I'm missing something!

10774 karma

@aisling said:

I have Starter and the PTs start with PT 36, unless I'm missing something!

Thank you for letting me know <3. I went ahead and fixed the issue :)

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    502 karma

Thank you

• LawSchoolHopeful-6LawSchoolHopeful-6 Alum Member
    143 karma

Thanks I could definitely use the help.

• tpmeade24tpmeade24 Core Member
    edited August 2019 49 karma

Awesome, I'm super pumped!

• edited August 2019 776 karma

@Sami - shes definitely an LSAT MVP!! I hope I can be at these sessions!