Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Tester for Problem Sets is Live

Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
edited July 2019 in General 3074 karma

@HLSDVDYK @bugvi_00 @"Positively LSAT Street" @Bluffer0123 @btownsquee @TwinklePatel @doyouevenLSAT

The digital tester for problem sets is live now! We know a lot of you have been waiting for this—thank you for your patience while we worked on this!

Where are the old PDFs?

Since LSAT is 100% digital testing now, the old PDF option is hidden by default. To see the old PDF options, tap the little PDF icon just under the bottom left corner of the tester.

How to Create Problem Sets
Just like before, you can create custom problem sets with any of the questions you have access to on your account. The difference is that you can take them using the digital tester, and all the problem sets you create are saved and tracked on your account. You can see a list of all the problem sets you have started/created on the Problem Sets page. Problem sets from the curriculum have book icons next to their names.

On that page, tap on "Create Custom Problem Set" to create a problem set. The interface is the same as the old "Question Bank" interface (but now it's faster!).

How to Take Single Sections
To do a single section, you make a custom problem set with the questions for the one section that you want to take. If you aren't familiar with the custom problem set interface, here are more detailed instructions on how to do this:

1. Go to https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
  2. Tap "Show Existing Problem Sets" at the top of the page
  3. Set the PT range and section type you are looking for.
  4. Select the questions/passages/games for the section you want to take. (tip: you can filter to a section by typing something like "pt01 s2" into the search bar, then tap the blue shopping cart icon on the top left of the table to select all of them)
  5. Tap "Create Problem Set with..."
  6. Take the problem set.

Drills are deprecated
The "Drills" lessons in Ultimate+ are now deprecated and will be deleted from the curriculum soon. You can easily recreate them with the Problem Sets page, so they don't serve a purpose anymore. For now, until they are deleted, you can still access them so that if you're in the middle of them you still know your current progress.

Please let us know if you see anything strange or broken!

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

YESSSSS!! Thank you!

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

This is what we needed thank you!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

This is amazing, thank you so much! I’m having trouble figuring out how to access a single section When I go to a PT in my course syllabus and click on digital tester I don’t see an option to take just a section.

An explanation of how to navigate to a single section in the digital tester would be super appreciated. Thank you!

• 14 karma

Thank you!!! This is awesome!!!

• Glaucon555Glaucon555 Alum Member
    7 karma

Thanks a lot for this feature. Game changer

• LSATJediLSATJedi Alum Member
    87 karma

Amazing, thank you!

• DTLA NickDTLA Nick Member
    28 karma

Thank you!!!

• HLSDVDYKHLSDVDYK Member
    22 karma

This was much needed. Thank you!

• HLSDVDYKHLSDVDYK Member
    22 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    This is amazing, thank you so much! I’m having trouble figuring out how to access a single section When I go to a PT in my course syllabus and click on digital tester I don’t see an option to take just a section.

An explanation of how to navigate to a single section in the digital tester would be super appreciated. Thank you!

Just to add, I also couldn't figure this out. How do we access single section practice?

• VegaHedgingVegaHedging Alum Member
    111 karma

Can't wait to pull out my iPad and try this, thank you!

• 109 karma

7SAGE IS AMAZING!!!!

• tanika.stanika.s Alum Member
    185 karma

thank you!!!!!

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

hallelujah!

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma

@HLSDVDYK said:

@Gladiator_2017 said:

Just to add, I also couldn't figure this out. How do we access single section practice?

Sorry, should have explained this because it's definitely not clear. There is no specialized single section practice mode. To do a single section, you make a custom problem set with just the one section.

1. Go to https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    2. Tap "Show Existing Problem Sets" at the top of the page
    3. Set the PT range and section type you are looking for.
    4. Select the questions/passages/games for the section you want to take. (tip: you can filter to a section by typing something like "pt01 s2" into the search bar, then tap the blue shopping cart icon on the top left of the table to select all of them)
    5. Tap "Create Problem Set with..."
    6. Take the problem set.
  • lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Another reason 7Sage is awesome! Thanks for this.

• J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma

this is great! thank you!

• maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma

Quick Question. I keep trying to print out Preptest 10-19 IN/OUT game practice set and the pdf I keep getting is Pretest 10-19 Misc Spatial. Is this a weird error or are you guys in the process of removing the PDF versions? I really like being able to print these and work on them when I am unable to have access to the internet / computer.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

There's a blue PDF icon towards the end of the digital display that you can select. Hope this helps.

• maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma

@maxmaxbobax said:
    Quick Question. I keep trying to print out Preptest 10-19 IN/OUT game practice set and the pdf I keep getting is Pretest 10-19 Misc Spatial. Is this a weird error or are you guys in the process of removing the PDF versions? I really like being able to print these and work on them when I am unable to have access to the internet / computer.

Was able to solve this issue sort of. I used your problem set link instead of my old routine of going directly to the syllabus and choosing the pdf under lesson/lg-questions-by-type-drill-preptest-10-to-19/.

• 70 karma

JY, you are a genius, as a foreigner who are studying for the LSAT and whose first language is not English, The things you have done are really helpful for me personally, thank you very much!!!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

This is amazing! Thank you <3

3074 karma

@maxmaxbobax said:

@maxmaxbobax said:

Was able to solve this issue sort of. I used your problem set link instead of my old routine of going directly to the syllabus and choosing the pdf under lesson/lg-questions-by-type-drill-preptest-10-to-19/.

Thank you for letting us know about this and the workaround you found! The problem should be fixed now. When you go to the drills pages, it should look like it did before, except that there is a deprecated warning.

• thecmancanthecmancan Alum Member
    161 karma

Hi, this is an amazing tool.

Quick questions:

1. Can you "randomize" the questions order? I wanted to create a drill set for all "flaw" questions from PT 1-35, but instead of the PT order, can I have them random?

2. Can I customize the timing/clock on the the customized problem sets? I'd like to time it based the JY's LG timing recommendations. Also, for LR or RC, can I just keep track of the time spent on the passage/questions without having a "limit"?

BTW I tested an LG and it's amazing to know how long I spent on each question. We must shower 7sage with all the Kudos.

• rynsanityrynsanity Alum Member
    24 karma

Thanks guys this is really cool. One thing I noticed that was broken for my account (I don't know if this is just mine or everyone's) is that the answer button on the single walk through questions don't work anymore - as in the bar that drops down and tells you how difficult the question was and what score range tended to get the question right.

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    edited July 2019 111 karma

I am also having the same issue on videos not showing answers.

@eryuen said:
    Thanks guys this is really cool. One thing I noticed that was broken for my account (I don't know if this is just mine or everyone's) is that the answer button on the single walk through questions don't work anymore - as in the bar that drops down and tells you how difficult the question was and what score range tended to get the question right.

• VibrioVibrio Alum Member
    625 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" Please don't get rid of the PDF options yet. At least some international tests are not going digital yet this year.
    This is the response from LSAC, "Thank you for writing. The October 2019 LSAT in Asia will be paper-based, as the LSAT will be fully Digital starting in September at test centers only in North America. You may complete your October registration at this time, and please let us know if you have any additional questions."

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

This is why 7sage is the best -- let's gooooooooooooo

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

@"Alan Cheuk"

Are you able to delete practice sets you create? I was playing around with it just to get a feel and now I can't seem to delete these sets.

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

Hallelujah!!!! Thank you so much for making this happen. I practically jumped up out of my seat with joy when I noticed the sections and drill sets are live on digital. THANK YOU!

• 473 karma

Thank you very helpful!!

edited July 2019 3074 karma

@Vibrio said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" Please don't get rid of the PDF options yet. At least some international tests are not going digital yet this year.

For sure, the PDF options aren't going away anytime soon!

@elias7291 said:
    @"Alan Cheuk"

Are you able to delete practice sets you create? I was playing around with it just to get a feel and now I can't seem to delete these sets.

Yup! You can delete them by tapping the little red trashcan under the bottom left corner of the problem set.

• I AM SO HAPPY YAS

• BrainiacMSBrainiacMS Alum Member
    98 karma

Will LSAT be digital in ASIA next year? I don't think I will be prepared for the October test in Asia, so I'm wondering if I should be preparing via digital format for the January exam.

• Mariposadebarrio17Mariposadebarrio17 Alum Member
    edited August 2019 39 karma

This is so dope! Thanks for setting us up for the real deal!
    I love the blind review option however, anyone else notice that the answer you selected during the set is darker than the other four bubbles? Not helpful for BR. @"Alan Cheuk"

• LSATJediLSATJedi Alum Member
    87 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" I noticed what appears to be a glitch: If I re-create a problem set that I've already done, the data in the results does not accurately show the time each question/game took on the second attempt. Instead it apparently carries over the time data from the first attempt.

• J.K.tabesJ.K.tabes Member
    112 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" just wanted to let you know that PT14 G3 Q13 cuts off the third column in the answer choices. Thanks for all your help!

158 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" Does this new feature allow us to add a fifth section to preptests?

edited August 2019 3074 karma

@eryuen said:

@"I Dunt Want It"
    Thanks for letting us know about this! The fix is out, you may need to force refresh to pickup the change.

3074 karma

@thecmancan said:
    1. Can you "randomize" the questions order? I wanted to create a drill set for all "flaw" questions from PT 1-35, but instead of the PT order, can I have them random?

That wasn't a feature we designed for so it would be hard to do :(. We may put something like that in the future, but it won't be coming anytime soon. Sorry!

@thecmancan said:
    2. Can I customize the timing/clock on the the customized problem sets? I'd like to time it based the JY's LG timing recommendations. Also, for LR or RC, can I just keep track of the time spent on the passage/questions without having a "limit"?

I know this is not what quite what you are looking for, but you can make some rough adjustments using harder or accommodations timing by tapping on the clock icon. You can also spend "unlimited" time on a question with blind review.

3074 karma

@LSATJedi said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" I noticed what appears to be a glitch: If I re-create a problem set that I've already done, the data in the results does not accurately show the time each question/game took on the second attempt. Instead it apparently carries over the time data from the first attempt.

Thank you for flagging this, we totally missed it! Fix is live, please check it out and let us know if it looks right on your side.

• umich101umich101 Alum Member
    364 karma

Thank you!

Will these count toward our score and progress that the full exams add to?

• davidtiseldavidtisel Alum Member
    5 karma

How do you retake problem sets that you've already taken once?

3074 karma

@LSATJedi said:

Thank you for flagging this, we totally missed it! Fix is live, please check it out and let us know if it looks right on your side.

3074 karma

@umich101 said:
    Thank you!

Will these count toward our score and progress that the full exams add to?

No sorry, the problem sets are not used in the Analytics, etc. This because they are taken under very different conditions than how full PTs are taken. Results from questions taken in problem sets are not directly comparable to questions taken as part of full PTs.

3074 karma

@davidtisel said:

You can create a new problem set with the same questions and take it again.

You can also delete your first take by tapping on the little trashcan icon under the bottom left corner of the tester, but I recommend the solution above.

• 776 karma

@"Alan Cheuk"

Having a few issues with timing:
    1) Trying to take a timed section and it gives me only 34:30 secs, instead of 35 mins.
    2) Is there a way to do a problem set untimed for drilling purposes...

Thanks in advance!

• korokyahahakorokyahaha Yearly Member
    78 karma

How to > @"Alan Cheuk" said:

@davidtisel said:

You can create a new problem set with the same questions and take it again.

You can also delete your first take by tapping on the little trashcan icon under the bottom left corner of the tester, but I recommend the solution above.

@"Alan Cheuk"
    Thank you so much for the improvements! Fantastic job.
    Could you please add a function to duplicate existing problem sets? Or at least allow us to erase answer on our problem sets -- so we don't have to recreate the same problem set so many times! Thanks in advance.

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

This is insanely helpful for fool proofing, thank you! Is there a way to see how long it took you to complete the entire problem set (not just each individual question)? I’m using the time accommodation feature but would still like to see my total time. A count up timer would be helpful :)

158 karma

@a1ex_682 said:
    This is insanely helpful for fool proofing, thank you! Is there a way to see how long it took you to complete the entire problem set (not just each individual question)? I’m using the time accommodation feature but would still like to see my total time. A count up timer would be helpful :)

If you hover over the timing bar on any question it'll also tell you how long it took you to complete the entire game - so you'd just need to add the total times for however many games you're taking. And then you could write your total time for the set in the notes section, if you want to track it.

• Beast ModeBeast Mode Live Member
    839 karma

Thank you!!